M6 South Torture

Anyone else loosing the will to live with the jct12-11 southbound closure every night of the year at the moment? Twice the past week the Highways numpties who can only count to potato never even lit up the matrix to tell of the closure until you pass jct13 so your stuck in a 2mile tailback wishing all the car drivers dead trying to push in.

Last night my boss told me he rang the Highways cuz the entire workforce going south were getting screwed over and wait till you hear this… they told him because there are workmen (and I say “work” in the loosest of terms) digging and leaning on shovels on the jct13 roundabout they didn’t want to advertise that as a diversion due to the health & safety of their cone loving one o’level brigade. Nice eh!

21 nights it’s on for, it’s my daily route to work but there are no advance warning signs on the approach from the A449 or the A5 to know when it’s shut or open, you have to travel to the junction itself to find that out, then go back the way you came :unamused:

Trev_H:
21 nights it’s on for, it’s my daily route to work but there are no advance warning signs on the approach from the A449 or the A5 to know when it’s shut or open, you have to travel to the junction itself to find that out, then go back the way you came :unamused:

21 MORE nights? Or 21 nights total? Hasn’t it been on for a fortnight already? Or is it just a week, and it feels like a fortnight?

cant see why they don’t filter it into 2 lanes further back then half mile before into 1 lane it would make better for keeping stuff moving

Could be worse. Could be the M1 J31 to J26 where there’s been constant roadworks for over a decade.

I just get off at jct 13 regardless now every night, last night no closure matrix went the 449 went on my merry way to see the A5 bumper to bumper as usual yet again to go the M54 wonderland tour. Absolutely cant trust there to be closures or not these days on the M6. Friday this week apparently they numbskulls are CLOSING jct 13 southbound slip just to wish the Highways potato counters even more dead than we usually do by being in even more of a queue.

nick2008:
cant see why they don’t filter it into 2 lanes further back then half mile before into 1 lane it would make better for keeping stuff moving

Because we are dealing with Highways mentality who don’t care about making things easier for us, half of them look like they are from Royston Vasey so to make a sensible solution of filtering just doesn’t come to mind.