M6 shut northbound j32

Apparently a truck turned over causing absolute chaos trying to get north I’ve been stuck in the diversion for over 3 hours totaly shafted my Friday and Saturday had to go over 4.5 hour drive not one parking place bladders ready to pop,they only sent this load up today to miss the rail strikes next week which will be another ball ache

strongbowpeter:
Apparently a truck turned over causing absolute chaos trying to get north I’ve been stuck in the diversion for over 3 hours totaly shafted my Friday and Saturday had to go over 4.5 hour drive not one parking place bladders ready to pop,they only sent this load up today to miss the rail strikes next week which will be another ball ache

Yeah it was an overturned lorry, I passed it on way down the tail backs where crazy on that B6421.

Newstart90:

strongbowpeter:

Yeah it was an overturned lorry, I passed it on way down the tail backs where crazy on that B6421.

It’s still saying it’s shut now 13 hours after it happened!! What with the Highways agency and the rail workers next week we might has well park up for a week

strongbowpeter:

Newstart90:

strongbowpeter:

It’s still saying it’s shut now 13 hours after it happened!! What with the Highways agency and the rail workers next week we might has well park up for a week

I was caught in it for 30mins heading up to Blackpool at 6:15 this morning. Did a last drop in Preston at about 12sh and all the roads leading up north were rammed. Feel sorry for every one heading that way

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Any idea on the driver, or too busy cry arsing about your own delays?

halewood:
Any idea on the driver, or too busy cry arsing about your own delays?

Why don’t you check the local news it clearly states the driver is perfectly OK before trolling this forum

These long tailbacks on a Friday in paticular means many drivers not making it home and having to do a night out an travel back Saturday, and if they require their 45hrs off having worked the previous Saturday/Sunday, then they will need to wait for a relief driver to arrive. It’s happend to me a few times and messes with your free time/family weekend plans and on at least one occasion, having to take the Monday off to stick within the rules.

So drivers will be upset as it causes additional stress working a weekend or waiting for a relief driver to arrive.

richiem1987:
These long tailbacks on a Friday in paticular means many drivers not making it home and having to do a night out an travel back Saturday, and if they require their 48hrs off having worked the previous Saturday/Sunday, then they will need to wait for a relief driver to arrive. It’s happend to me a few times and messes with your free time/family weekend plans and on at least one occasion, having to take the Monday off to stick within the rules.

So drivers will be upset as it causes additional stress working a weekend or waiting for a relief driver to arrive.

Are you new to trucknet , I guess yes , the vast majority on her don’t want to go home on a Friday night whether there’s a accident or not , they’d rather stay in the lorry & avoid there wife’s / kids ( though they claim it’s the traffic there trying to avoid )
As for having Monday off , if Monday was a b/h we’d never here the end of it , how many ££££ they’d lost
Give it a bit of time and you’ll realise it’s only me / seems you & a few others who value there families more than a few £££££,s

strongbowpeter:

We’re not responsible for recovering the vehicle, plus it’s not our fault the road needed resurfacing after getting damaged by the tens of gallons of spilled diesel.

BossHogg:

strongbowpeter:

We’re not responsible for recovering the vehicle, plus it’s not our fault the road needed resurfacing after getting damaged by the tens of gallons of spilled diesel.

Just out of interest.

What do you do in them situations?
Prepare for the worst but hope for the best?
Do you have anything to do with getting the driver out of any overturned/ damaged vehicle or is it purely a control the area and make it safe ?

BossHogg:

strongbowpeter:

Just out of interest.

Do you have anything to do with getting the driver/pasengers out of any overturned/ damaged vehicle or is it purely a control the area and make it safe ?

sinclair89:

BossHogg:

strongbowpeter:

Just out of interest.

Do you have anything to do with getting the driver/pasengers out of any overturned/ damaged vehicle or is it purely a control the area and make it safe ?

After they have put out some cones, stand around, with their hands tucked into their flak vest, pretending to be policemen.

Fire brigade normally extricate the driver if they are injured, if not, we assist them any way we can.