M6 roadworks

Bloody roadworks!
Heading up A449 toward m6 through Wolverhampton, as one does.
Anyway, come to join said motorway at j12 I think, traffic is heavy on m6 and I am driving down the slip and there is an arctic passing in lane 1 with cars in 2 & 3. Behind arctic is a van who instead of easing off, decided to drop the hammer to speed (?) past at a rather slow 51mph and of course I am getting myself up to a steady speed and trying to get over before I head into the sudden wall of cones about 100 to 200 yards down the line. Long story short, I ended up having to stop on the slip because some arse in a van wanted to be a few foot ahead of where he would have been if he was behind me and wait for someone to really ease off so I could get a standing start back into the m6.

My point though, is why the hell did the highways agencey only leave a 1 to 200 yard gap on the slip and put a wall of cones at the end rather than leave it another couple hundred yards and have a steady barrier of cones instead o a wall. For miles down the motorway after said slip has rarely got anything working in those cones so why couldn’t they make the slip road a bit longer.

Rant over

At the end of the slip road is a give way. It is up to you to give way to traffic already on the motorway. The van, the truck, the cars were already on the motorway.

I’m trying to see how they were in any way at fault.

And given the cones were on the hard shoulder, how were their placement at fault? If they were in the slip road then you must have not seen the great big yellow signs…

Sounds like you need to find another job if joining a motorway presents such a challenge to you.

was in the standstill s/b at j13 last night, some plonker in a white alfa decided to go from lane 3 onto the coned and barriered(sp) off hard shoulder to go on the inside of me.

he was very lucky he wasn’t side swiped by me as he popped back out of the barrier…

think his name was Richard Head,…or something like that…gggggrrrrrrrr

Quick tip,carry on through penkridge and join at jct 13,also same other way if your heading south and it’s closed jct12-11a come off at 13.

did do when i finally got to j13, went down to 1 lane just before…queuing for ages :frowning:

Seems to me the van driver could of made your entrance to motorway a very easy manoeuvre but instead he decided he would put you in your place and make you stop. Doesn’t matter if give way or not. He chose to make your life harder.