M6 north bound Junction 27

Anybody know what they doing on the grassed area beside the motorway just before you get to Junction 27, some kind of metal frame work is being installed.
I thought it may have been to stop animals from getting onto the carriageway, but been passed again today and they’ve added some more metal sheets running downwards, it’s got me baffled■■?

i saw it today i thought its maybe to seperate differant plants but i don’t know why they’d want to

Sounds like newt fencing, stops the poor likkle dears from wandering into a work area and being squished by a big nasty digger thingy :unamused:

Big Joe:
Sounds like newt fencing, stops the poor likkle dears from wandering into a work area and being squished by a big nasty digger thingy :unamused:

They really ought to get a life :imp: :imp:

Examples of how your taxes are spent on newts over £600,000 on one job, result 20ish newts caught and relocated, work that out at cost per newt.

highways.gov.uk/aboutus/docu … S_530301(1.pdf

At least this one only cost £120000 for 20 newts, a bargain for your tax pounds :smiley:

highways.gov.uk/aboutus/docu … sponse.pdf

I have spoken to a “self trained” greenie newt consultant, and you’ll be pleased to know that if no newt are found they are rare and on occasion when thousands are found they are not rare but at leadt their habitat is protected.

For the record some scandinavian countries have very few great crested newts, also for the record there are not many camels in Britain, so maybe we can expect camel fencing next :unamused:

Im all for green issues but not irrelevant european wide directives, What next snow tyres specifications for Majorca because it snows in Norway :unamused:

Not sure exactly what they are doing there but i can tell you that at j28 and j29 they are putting signs up for variable speed limits and lane control ! Maybe it’s more of that .

Nothing worse than being squished as a newt :laughing: :laughing: