M6 night roadworks

Last night between jct 4 and 6 norhtbound on the M6 north, lane 1 & 2 were closed, causing the usual congestion, with the last minute bleeders cutting in. Which i got caught up in.

There was nobody working on the blinking thing!!!

Is there any need to close the lanes that far away?? There was no mention of it on the Highways agency website, and while i am ranting how can you get a vehicle down from 50+ mph to 40mph without causing an accident, as is displayed on them overhead gantries??

What I don’t get, is why they cone off 15 miles of motorway, like the m1 in beds, or the a1 by leeming. Why can’t they close it for two miles at a time, get it done start to finish and then move up. Why try and do 15 miles at the same time

If I was one of the guys laying out the cones I can appreciate why they do long stretches - means they only have to risk running across the motorway with the signs/marker boards once rather than having to do it a number of times - then just trundle along adding cones.

I give em a miss last night n shot up the A5…sick of the sight of it!! They were messing around with the M6/M42 when i started heading up that way regular 2 years ago,came of that run last August and i was glad in a way cuz i was fed up with the tailbacks all the time and miles of 40mph for no reason and when we got it back last month and i said i’d do again i thought 'oh goody, all the works will be long gone and i will save myself half hour either way :smiley: '…wrong!!

I go thru there every night and i always do 50 thru the roadworks from J7 to J12 but i get wagons flying past at full speed.Question,are them cameras working on that stretch of motorway,has anyone been done for speeding thru there? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

dont care if they do or dont work,wanna keep hold of my ticket so i don’t take the chance but i know what u mean

OVLOV JAY:
What I don’t get, is why they cone off 15 miles of motorway, like the m1 in beds, or the a1 by leeming. Why can’t they close it for two miles at a time, get it done start to finish and then move up. Why try and do 15 miles at the same time

Maybe they are cleaning the gulleys ? Maybe it’s a roadsweeper travelling at 5mph ?

Closure on at 21:30-22:30 after the rush 3-4 hours sweeping or barrier repairs closure off 04:00-05:00 ready for the rush :open_mouth:

prdcb1:
with the last minute bleeders cutting in. Which i got caught up in.

Last weeks knobs who took out 2 lines of cones and nearly a couple of workers (in another region) while “racing” are possibly under a dangerous driving charge as all the struck cones were left as evidence and it was all captured on camera for the BIB :wink:

prdcb1:

Maybe the Tarmac was curing, maybe they’d gone round to start putting a closure on the other side ?

prdcb1:
Is there any need to close the lanes that far away?? There was no mention of it on the Highways agency website, and while i am ranting how can you get a vehicle down from 50+ mph to 40mph without causing an accident, as is displayed on them overhead gantries??

There should be default 50’s prior if there were any gantries prior, anyway even if the signs are set further back the “nuggets” always try and push down the taper :unamused:

Anyway what’s difficult with seeing flashing signs from a distance and be aware’ oh i forgot most dicks don’t see past the end of the bonnet :unamused:

speedyguy:

OVLOV JAY:

Maybe they are cleaning the gulleys ? Maybe it’s a roadsweeper travelling at 5mph ?

Closure on at 21:30-22:30 after the rush 3-4 hours sweeping or barrier repairs closure off 04:00-05:00 ready for the rush :open_mouth:

prdcb1:
with the last minute bleeders cutting in. Which i got caught up in.

Last weeks knobs who took out 2 lines of cones and nearly a couple of workers (in another region) while “racing” are possibly under a dangerous driving charge as all the struck cones were left as evidence and it was all captured on camera for the BIB :wink:

prdcb1:

Maybe the Tarmac was curing, maybe they’d gone round to start putting a closure on the other side ?

prdcb1:

There should be default 50’s prior if there were any gantries prior, anyway even if the signs are set further back the “nuggets” always try and push down the taper :unamused:

Anyway what’s difficult with seeing flashing signs from a distance and be aware’ oh i forgot most dicks don’t see past the end of the bonnet :unamused:

Does that include bonneted scanias?

Atleast half of roadworks are a waste of time, nobs sitting in their transits reading the paper, doing absoloutly nothing. Any wonder people get ■■■■■■ off and ignore signs and speed limits when nobody is doing anything ? If Roadworkers actually got off their ■■■’s and did some work then drivers would appreciate them a bit more and maybe not mind being slowed down.

Lycanthrope:
Atleast half of roadworks are a waste of time, nobs sitting in their transits reading the paper, doing absoloutly nothing while they wait for the lazyass truckers to return with more tarmac or load up with chippings after they finish their brew at the yard :grimacing: .

EFA :grimacing:

Obviously you live in parts of the world where concrete and tar dry instantly :unamused: .

No wonder trucker’s are put on enforced legal breaks if they think no one should have a break, not everyone’s an O/D :grimacing: