m6 night closures

just a quick one folks-please be aware of night closures on the m6,both directions from jcn 10 to jcn 11 for the next two nights. the closure added an extra 25 mins to my regular journey(s’bound) but the n’bound traffic was far,far worse.it’s well worth using the toll road imo. the traffic last night was crawling through wolves. hope this helps somebody,roy.

One of or boys got caught up in this, wishes he had went off at Junct 12 as going to Coleshill, coulda ran down the old A5. Lost about 30mins… As you said, Northbound was a disaster. Wolves full of traffic lights and one ways with not many signs up showing the diversion.

maybe the toll road charges could’ve been dropped for these nights? wishful thinking!

Can anyone confirm if the M6 will be closed tonight 19/5/10? between J10-J11 First nite back and will be running up to Manchester Ive checked the H/A site with the excellant iphone app and there is no mention of it being closed until 19/20 June and that will be from J7-J11.

It was closed last night, junction 10-11 cos i got caught out southbound around midnight, northbound looked worse!!
It was madness!! no one had a clue where they were going and the diversion signs wernt much cop!!

well I’ll find out for myself in the next couple of hours if it is closed hope they put it on the info boards in advance would use the M6 Toll but the company wouldnt reimburse me hey ho off to work I go.

Northamptonguy341:
well I’ll find out for myself in the next couple of hours if it is closed hope they put it on the info boards in advance would use the M6 Toll but the company wouldnt reimburse me hey ho off to work I go.

Good luck buddy, glad i got the night off :laughing:

Yeah I got caught out yesterday at 4am :unamused: The signs are crap. I’d seen a "This slip will be closed " at J11 sign, so had planned to go down tho the M54 then M6 SB.
Of course when I get there i find it the whole Mway shut :imp: & i have to go on a Detour through Wolves.
Even at that time of night it;s still a 20-25 min delay & as said the detour signs are few & far between.

The good news is it’s shut between 10-5 Tonight (20/5) then that’s it…for a month or so :laughing:

well as stated above it was closed last night 20th the official diversion route was through Wolves but I went on the A34 then picked up the A5 to get back on the M6 at J12 and it only put about 15mins on my journey time,the thing that struck me was having never used the particular section of road A34/A5 was how many speed cameras there were certainlt kept my speed down lol.

Phone the HAIL line (Highways Agency Information Line) they should have a list of scheduled closures, 0845 7 50 40 30
Note; I did say scheduled so they may or may not go on depending on circumstances.
Also any closure that has been put on for emergency work, they may not know about until told that it’s actually going on. (Usually due to serious RTC damage that day)
When a closure is put in place, we (RCC = Regional Control Centre) have to inform all the local Emergency services, and the National Traffic Control Centre, who are supposed to set strategic signs warning of the closure, and inform the Media ie. Local Radio stations (Unfortunately, a lot of night-time programmes are pre-recorded, so no traffic bulletins)
Also complain about the lack of prior signage.
If you do complain, I can guarantee that whoever is/was responsible will have to answer the complaint, then the next time is should be better.

The real Biffo:
Phone the HAIL line (Highways Agency Information Line) they should have a list of scheduled closures, 0845 7 50 40 30

saynoto0870.com/search.php
0121 335 8300