M6 NB Closed JCN 34-35!

thebay.co.uk/news/local-news … wo-nights/ You have been warned. :slight_smile:

Shut for 2 nights.
Local rag says diversion via kirkby lonsdale and a65 to jnc 36.
Personally I would peel off at either 33 or 34 and go via a6. But watch your heights at carnforth railway bridge…

There should have been a link there.

“Heavy vehicles over 4.7m high will have to stop and wait overnight at Lancaster services - just south of junction 33”

lol

Total nightmare this morning, 16’ 2" double-decker where are the diversion signs. I had been to Preston Junction 32, northbound slip road closed diverted up A6 to Garstang back on at junction 33 then off at 34, totally lost ended up getting back on at 34 after it opened.

merc0447:
“Heavy vehicles over 4.7m high will have to stop and wait overnight at Lancaster services - just south of junction 33”

lol

Like it’s the only road up norf. Amateurs :smiley:

Might be a hell of schlep but the M65 > A65 round the forest is at least doable if you’re rocking a 16 footer. Parking up is rather defeatist :unamused:

That detour is not a good route. Good to see last night as I only had a small box on at 13"10 I could use the detour that my fellow professional drivers who had plenty of previous warning that any vehicle over 15"6 had to pull off at the services. I came across 2 deckers doing a U turn after coming across the low bridge sign, at least you noticed eventually. My hat goes off to the next customer to enter spec saver who decided to ignore all previous notifications and signs and made it all the way to the bridge. He was sat at the side probably hoping it would lift it self up.