M6 N/B closed J14 - J16 (Tues 03/09)

The M6 is closed northbound between J14 - J16 due to a vehicle fire, expected reopening at 11-30am.

Was utter chaos northbound when I passed it at 4.30am but luckily the driver had time to drop the trailer and move up the road. Looked like a totally burned out decker so someone not getting their pallets.

Unfortunately J16 was shut so southbound was all going passed it to J15 and quite a few I suspect would be trying to go via J15 to get north and getting stopped.

Not sure how they recover a trailer like that as presumably the tyres are gone. Cant put it on a low loader as it could be too high for bridges.

I passed it sb about 6am after they had put it out.
Looked like a full load of insulation of some kind.
It was a GCN Scotland unit.

Came up the M1 about 9am and saw all the signs saying it was shut, got to stoke on trent and had to go down to wolvo so i got on at J14 and traffic on the northbound was just gridlocked all the way to 13, i wonder how long those guys had been sat there.

I passed the recovery trucks towing it away, I dont think it was insulation, there were 2/3 big metal lumps still on the burnt out trailer, maybe engines? I dunno but it was a total mess