m6 &m1 crashes

Some very serious crashes recently,m1 closed for 2 hours,today two smashes on m6 two drivers arrested because of unsafe loads and one person dead,some people overtaking so close on m1 roadworks,very dodgy.

Yea bad week again :cry:

tango boy:

Pretty normal if you ask me. Sad but true :confused:

dri-diddly-iver:

tango boy:

Fkckig mad this is,month ago i have seen two lorries crash one of them had cab separated from whole thing lying well in front of everything and between it you could notice driver private stuff,pillows etc mad so mad, instead of cab there was only chassis the A12 that was i think

I don’t know how others feel but driving standards by truck and private drivers just seems to deteriorating rapidly in this country .

I have no idea about today’s accidents but I feel that the roadworks through the Northampton stretch of the M1 are very dangerous. The lanes are too narrow and I think lane two should have a width restriction.

joker83:

dri-diddly-iver:

tango boy:

Fkckig mad this is,month ago i have seen two lorries crash one of them had cab separated from whole thing lying well in front of everything and between it you could notice driver private stuff,pillows etc mad so mad, instead of cab there was only chassis the A12 that was i think

I was involved in a rta with another lorry in August when another lorry driver had a diabetic coma and went into the back of the lorry I was driving, in standing traffic. Fortunately no-one was killed but one of my most vivid memories of that day is seeing the poor man’s bedding and pillows everywhere, as there was little left of his cab.

It really makes you think about things when you see that.

I have always thought the M6 is the most accident prone motorway in the UK especially around the Stoke area!

weeto:
I have always thought the M6 is the most accident prone motorway in the UK especially around the Stoke area!

I think the M1 Luton to Northampton stretch is trying hard to beat that reputation.

Judehamish:
‘…roadworks through the Northampton … M1 are very dangerous … lane two should have a width restriction…’

Cheers, I use that to pass those in lane one earning ‘speed credit’ doing 45 mph in lane one :unamused:

shugg:
I don’t know how others feel but driving standards by truck and private drivers just seems to deteriorating rapidly in this country .

+1 Seems like any motorised vehicle is so familiar these days that it is no longer viewed as a deadly projectile - until it has become one. :frowning:

weeto:

I blame the steep hills/turns going into motorway junctions in that area. Add a bit of black ice, and anything + everything can happen - as often does. :frowning:

If I’m going to Stoke, I prefer the A50 approach, which avoids the hoo-har around the staffordshire M6 junctions collectively.

Happy Keith:

Judehamish:
‘…roadworks through the Northampton … M1 are very dangerous … lane two should have a width restriction…’

Cheers, I use that to pass those in lane one earning ‘speed credit’ doing 45 mph in lane one :unamused:

Is that were you hit the first of “average speed cameras” doing 55 - and slow to 45 before the next to keep your average at 50? :unamused: :laughing:

They don’t need to narrow lanes through roadworks. It seems this practice is done purely as a way of traffic calming rather than making required working space.

Winseer:

Happy Keith:

Judehamish:
‘…roadworks through the Northampton, etc…’

‘… those in lane one earning ‘speed credit’ doing 45 …’

‘…Is that were you hit … doing 55 …’

In my dreams…!

No, I dawdle up at 51 and seemingly always get stuck behind 45 mph man

He’s probably the same bod that does that same speed everywhere - villages included as justified by having earned speeding ‘credit’ clogging up the M arteries

weeto:

crash for cash? :laughing:

martinviking:

weeto:

I think the M1 Luton to Northampton stretch is trying hard to beat that reputation.

crash for cash cousins :sunglasses: all related :grimacing:

too many non uk drivers on the roads who are used to a totally different way of driving.

war1974:
…too many non uk drivers on the roads who are used to a totally different way of driving…'.

An inevitable symptom of Liberal Diversity - as voted for by the UK zone electorate :question: :unamused:

Besides, the UK only has a ‘code’ for driving: Nothing to worry about then… :exclamation:

I must agree with the narrow lanes through roadworks, theyre ok for 2 lanes of cars but its a bit scary with 2 hgv`s side by side, with very little room to go anywhere, especially the overtaking ones. I always stay on the n/s unless overtaking a really slow car, and try and keep up with the 50mph speed limit, theres always a few who want to exceed that.

I must agree with the narrow lanes through roadworks, theyre ok for 2 lanes of cars but its a bit scary with 2 hgv`s side by side, with very little room to go anywhere, especially the overtaking ones. I always stay on the n/s unless overtaking a really slow car, and try and keep up with the 50mph speed limit, theres always a few who want to exceed that.