M6/M1/A14.......update

The total for THIS WEEK!!! alone is six accidents with seven injuries, one serious.

The local press have finally :unamused: picked up the problem and the headline on the tuesday edition was " More mayhem on the Mad Mile"

Please use this junction with care guys and gals.

Since they finished the Homesdale tunnel the same problem exists as with the M1 A14 M6. Traffic at a stand still clockwise trying to get up the slip road to the A10 due to poor planning. Someone (in goverment) should go to prison for both death traps.

Someone (in goverment) should go to prison for both death traps.

could not agree more. there have been plans for an upgrade to Catthorpe for bloody years, but still the council/highways/government let people die unneccesarilly die whilst nothing is done.
That said , some of the deaths are down to selfish, arrogant ,idiotic driving.You know the 'dive into the queue at the last second and sod the guy/girl pulling 44 tonnes behind 'type.These people should be put before bereaved family members to explain why they did what they did :smiling_imp:

Shade said

That said , some of the deaths are down to selfish, arrogant ,idiotic driving.You know the 'dive into the queue at the last second and sod the guy/girl pulling 44 tonnes behind 'type.These people should be put before bereaved family members to explain why they did what they did

Isnt that what BMWs are for? (I Jest)

Some traffic planners have’nt got a clue. When junctions are altered in Lincoln, they always seem to make them better-WORSE

Shade said

That said , some of the deaths are down to selfish, arrogant ,idiotic driving.You know the 'dive into the queue at the last second and sod the guy/girl pulling 44 tonnes behind 'type.These people should be put before bereaved family members to explain why they did what they did

Some traffic planners have’nt got a clue. When junctions are altered in Lincoln, they always seem to make them better-WORSE not to mention that thing called Swinderby Roundabout on the A46

There shouldn’t be any problems joining the M1 from the M6 , look at the length of that slip , 3 lanes wide and with it’s own filter lane …

But as we all know there is joining problems .
Cars charging on and undercutting anything in site before the final swoop into lane 3 .
Fully freighted artics attempting the speed of sound on the hill down onto the M1 and trying to overtake anything the roll will allow them to .
7.5 t vehicles and vans behaving exactly like the cars , undertake as much as possible , ignoring indicators of people wanting to move back over into lane 1 .

I don’t have that much experience of the A14 junction I don’t use it that much …

These are just observations from Night driving , so god knows what it is like in the day time /Rush hour .

G8YMW:
Shade said

Some traffic planners have’nt got a clue. When junctions are altered in Lincoln, they always seem to make them better-WORSE not to mention that thing called Swinderby Roundabout on the A46

In Lincoln they just alter the roads/traffic flow so as everything stops. The new lights and pedestrian islands at bottom of Lindum Hill are just waiting for there first victim. For some bizare reason they have narrowed the road I can see a mess happening at some point soon.