M6 last night

Sadly a 8 year old died at the scene of a crash involving a lorry,the car was on the hard shoulder apparently,62 year old lorry driver arrested, death by dangerous, God’s speed little one

Sad indeed, only this week at night I was passing another artic when father of the year let his son of simular age out the car on the offside. Why at that moment just wait or better still if possible out the nearside.

they were making a big thing on what ever radio channel my Mrs has on in her car about the car was broke down in a live running lane as there was no hard shoulder to take refuge on , no idea if there facts are correct

It’s time to re evaluate these smart motor ways if that’s the case ,it happening more and more, how the ■■■■ you can’t steer a motor in a straight line with out hitting any think is beyond me,we all have dings but can’t these drivers see more than 2 foot in front of there nose, even more so if the car was on the hard shoulder

malcolmgbell:
It’s time to re evaluate these smart motor ways if that’s the case ,it happening more and more, how the [zb] you can’t steer a motor in a straight line with out hitting any think is beyond me,we all have dings but can’t these drivers see more than 2 foot in front of there nose, even more so if the car was on the hard shoulder

Its alright having smart motor ways. Theyve forgot to provide the smart drivers to drive on them…

papermonkey:

malcolmgbell:
It’s time to re evaluate these smart motor ways if that’s the case ,it happening more and more, how the [zb] you can’t steer a motor in a straight line with out hitting any think is beyond me,we all have dings but can’t these drivers see more than 2 foot in front of there nose, even more so if the car was on the hard shoulder

Its alright having smart motor ways. Theyve forgot to provide the smart drivers to drive on them…

Maybe these live hard shoulder running lanes need more monitoring , to warn drivers of a problem ahead so the red X goes up in time

Seems i had the right idea when these so called smart motorways were introduced…ignore them and drive in the middle lane… :smiley:

villa:

papermonkey:

malcolmgbell:

Maybe these live hard shoulder running lanes need more monitoring , to warn drivers of a problem ahead so the red X goes up in time

And how many drivers take notice of those red X signs?.Cars and trucks seem to blatently ignore them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

daftvader:

villa:

papermonkey:

malcolmgbell:

And how many drivers take notice of those red X signs?.Cars and trucks seem to blatently ignore them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Because they’re wrong more than they’re right but that doesn’t justify ignoring them.
These bloody matrix signs must be one of the biggest wastes of money ever! Because they are so inaccurate they can’t be trusted so are a pointless waste of time and money them even being there.
Why does nobody seem to monitor the cameras and turn them on/off as required. Because of the subject of my rant they make these so called smart motorways bloody dangerous.
To summarise I’d say they should have put the money wasted on matrix signs into widening the motorways properly and not on the cheap.