M6 junc 19 Widening

Not having used the M6 in this area for a couple of years can someone tell me is the widening and updating nearly finished,if not when is it due to be complete or when you all think it will be open again properly.

The Highways England page says the work will be completed by “end of December 2016”. I know the A14 part of it is already done and fully opened, so not long left now me thinks.

Nowhere near mate middle to end of next year as they’re putting in a concreate central barrier first so they can widen then moving lanes across then doing refuge laybys etc on hard shoulder and it stretches right from jct 19 down to 16 :imp: :imp: :imp: and gets snarled up every day

madmackem:
The Highways England page says the work will be completed by “end of December 2016”. I know the A14 part of it is already done and fully opened, so not long left now me thinks.

Have they moved the M6 jct 19 then your thinking M1 jct 19 :wink: unless op has balls up

blue estate:
Nowhere near mate middle to end of next year as they’re putting in a concreate central barrier first so they can widen then moving lanes across then doing refuge laybys etc on hard shoulder and it stretches right from jct 19 down to 16 :imp: :imp: :imp: and gets snarled up every day

So how is the M6 south of there now as in around birmingham, not been on it for a long time, was near enough finished last time I was there, and seemed to be working well enough, would it make the M6 toll obsolete when its all done?

March 2018 according to this :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
roads.highways.gov.uk/projects/m … -motorway/

And when “smart motorways” work has finished get your teeth into this :grimacing:

gov.uk/government/consultat … me-options

Baggie:
March 2018 according to this :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
roads.highways.gov.uk/projects/m … -motorway/

It should be slightly better once the central reservation is done. There is a short stretch between 18-19 where it already is, and although there is still no hard shoulder the lanes are a bit wider and thus feels a lot safer and less accident prone.

weeto:

blue estate:

So how is the M6 south of there now as in around birmingham, not been on it for a long time, was near enough finished last time I was there, and seemed to be working well enough, would it make the M6 toll obsolete when its all done?

It’s all done. J10 - J8 southbound is still a balls up at peak times, but northbound I very rarely have many issues these days. The bottleneck where the M6 Toll merges northbound is all sorted now as well since they started the all lane running.

Don’t see the point in using the M6 Toll northbound at all these days to be honest, certainly doesn’t save you enough time to justify £11.