M6 jct16 WAYYYY OVERDUE

M6 jct16 what a complete joke.

These brainless tools started “work” on it in July last year and completion to finish 25th November, then middle of November changed the date on the yellow board to 25th December, then middle of December changed it to 25th Jan, and every passing month an extra month added on the board.

Now supposedly the completion is 25th April… I look forward to 2wks time to see it pushed back to 25th May. The entire roundabout still looks like a ■■■■ Gypo campsite. What the hell excuse are they using to push it back an extra 5 months■■? “Oh, we are still waiting for a Skip”

I bet they wish they never took the job on now.

aint you that’s gotta pay their late fees fella don’t worry … just think all the extra time is keeping a workforce in employment

nick2008:
aint you that’s gotta pay their late fees fella don’t worry … just think all the extra time is keeping a workforce in employment

+1
Our brothers on the roadworks can take as long as they like, i’m paid by the hour and enjoy looking at the young ladies whilst stuck in roadworks traffic.

On the downside, don’t think the M11 or Kettering works on the A14 will be much longer, reckon they are into their last month apart from snagging, just might be lucky enough to get an eyefull of ■■■■ before they complete.

Catthorpe however, reckon another 12 -18 months on that, so every cloud etc…

Sure some folk would be shocked at the brainwork involed in this stuff and how much planning is involved before we even see a paddy (may be polish now) with a shovel to lean on.

The main pain in the arse for me is virtually never being able to go from our yard and get on the M6 north at 16, have to every night go through all the lanes of Holmes Chappel A50 to get on at jct18 which seems forever now.

theringmonster:
The main pain in the arse for me is virtually never being able to go from our yard and get on the M6 north at 16, have to every night go through all the lanes of Holmes Chappel A50 to get on at jct18 which seems forever now.

Doing Northampton to Runcorn on Thursday night I wish I’d gone that way myself. 11pm and slow/stop tailbacks all the way from J16 to the roadworks at the bridge.

ALL of the mentally challenged who are “working” on jct16 roundabout deserve to be tasered each and every single night until the completion of the job the lazy gits.

What exactly are they supposed to be doing there anyway?

redbob:
What exactly are they supposed to be doing there anyway?

Work

Supposedly they are trying to make the roundabout into 3 lanes and the north/south slip roads to filter straight onto the A500 so it eases the traffic flow in rush hours, personally I think they have screwed the whole thing up and are now in a panic to get it done at some point hopefully this year by cutting corners no doubt.

When it finally ends up re-opening in a year or two they will probably close it again a few weeks later to re-do all the stuff they cut corners on in the first place the muppets.

Surprise surprise moved back yet another month now as predicted the useless turds.

all this b*llocks at jct 16 just for 2 new laybys for the eastern europeans to park in :unamused:

I go round this junction a lot at night so can’t really see much of what is going on in the dark but I went through in the day last week and it looks like a bomb site. No way is this going to be finished any time soon.

Didn’t realise it should’ve been done last year :open_mouth:

theringmonster:

Never understood why they close both 16 and 17 together!! Diversion would a lot easier they were done one at once!!

One morning last week they shut the road from J16 to Crewe roundabout. Most were just turning around and going back to Crewe. I was heading south and thought I’d be clever and find a way round, turned right then left then left at the roundabouts, ended up on Newcastle road around a tight left hand mini roundabout ,I looked and had 4 artics following me who all thought I knew where I was going, as each time I slowed or stopped they did.
Was relieved when I picked up A500 at other end of junction as it could have been embarrasing if the road got too narrow or if I came up on a low bridge or something :blush: :unamused:
I tried to look all knowledgeable when a couple of them overtook me on the M6 and waved to say thanks…even though I had just blagged it :smiley:

robroy:
One morning last week they shut the road from J16 to Crewe roundabout. Most were just turning around and going back to Crewe. I was heading south and thought I’d be clever and find a way round, turned right then left then left at the roundabouts, ended up on Newcastle road around a tight left hand mini roundabout ,I looked and had 4 artics following me who all thought I knew where I was going, as each time I slowed or stopped they did.
Was relieved when I picked up A500 at other end of junction as it could have been embarrasing if the road got too narrow or if I came up on a low bridge or something :blush: :unamused:
I tried to look all knowledgeable when a couple of them overtook me on the M6 and waved to say thanks…even though I had just blagged it :smiley:

I tried something similar once and failed. The M5 was closed northbound from 9 to 8 so I pulled onto Michael Wood and got my Philips Navigator Truck map out. Simple I thought, off at 9, over to the A38 and head north through Tewksbury and into J1 of the M50. Got to Tewksbury, bloody weight restricted so I tried a few random roads to try and get through Tewksbury but all were weight restricted too. There were a few trucks following me too.

Worst thing was my sat nav was telling me to get off at J11a, presumably to join the A417 to J2 of the M50 but because the map didn’t show the weight restriction in Tewksbury I ignored it.

Ended up on a massive detour then through Evesham and Pershore.

Sat Nav 1 - Map 0 :smiley:

M6 junctions 9 and 10. Absolute ■■■■■■■ joke. I spent 40 minutes getting from 11 to 10. And that was at about 10:30.

htmldude:
M6 junctions 9 and 10. Absolute [zb] joke. I spent 40 minutes getting from 11 to 10. And that was at about 10:30.

That’s nothing. They closed it at J13 recently at the same time the water company dug the A449 up so you had the M6 flowing into a set of temporary lights on a country lane. Took me over an hour from the back of the queue to get to the lights and that was after midnight :astonished:

theringmonster:
M6 jct16 what a complete joke.

These brainless tools started “work” on it in July last year and completion to finish 25th November, then middle of November changed the date on the yellow board to 25th December, then middle of December changed it to 25th Jan, and every passing month an extra month added on the board.

Now supposedly the completion is 25th April… I look forward to 2wks time to see it pushed back to 25th May. The entire roundabout still looks like a ■■■■ Gypo campsite. What the hell excuse are they using to push it back an extra 5 months■■? “Oh, we are still waiting for a Skip”

I bet they wish they never took the job on now.

I came down the slip road there today. As predicted, signs have now been changed from April to May.

If by any miracle jct16 were to"open" in May it will have taken a full 10 months ffs that should of been a 4 month job.

Not only jct16 but the ENTIRE M6 is never ending now this year south & north with these potatoes closing every other junction at night, for Christ sake give us all a chance once in a while to get a straight run from A to B in our shift. I cant even remember the M6 WITHOUT roadworks■■?

I want them to shut all these Junctions during the daytime so everybody else realises just what us morons who are stupid enough to work nights have to go through. :imp: :imp:

Wait until October when the 2-3 years of Smart Motorway widening work starts from 16-19, then you can really have something to moan about. 16 is just a warm up act