M6 J8-7 south more roadworks

Afternoon lads and lasses.
More roadworks from J8 south down to 2 lanes from 4 lanes for Bridge repairs and a 40mph speed limit.
Went over J10 at 12 o clock and the traffic was crawling as far as I could see down from j11,just get rid of 1 lot of crap then they start again :open_mouth: :imp:

Daytrunker:
Afternoon lads and lasses.
More roadworks from J8 south down to 2 lanes from 4 lanes for Bridge repairs and a 40mph speed limit.
Went over J10 at 12 o clock and the traffic was crawling as far as I could see down from j11,just get rid of 1 lot of crap then they start again :open_mouth: :imp:

FFS !

To be honest ,you did have warnings of an half an hour delay on the gantry signs but chose not to use the toll road which was empty , I am not going to argue about the cost of the toll as my gaffer pays it .

Went up there yesterday morn in the car, appeared to narrow to single lane between 8 and 7 with predictable results.

Bloody wonderful, we’ll all end up on the old roads yet to get the job done.

Went through there yesterday afternoon and it appeared to be set up really badly. The M6 narrows to 2 lanes just before it splits for the M5 with the 2 inside lanes going down the M5. Instead of leaving it as 2 lanes for the whole stretch they open it back up to 3 then back down to 2 a few hundred yards down the road. I was going the other way in a car so couldn’t tell 100% but if that’s the way it’s done then that’s madness.

There queue was miles down the road either way.

And why the ■■■■ was 13-12 closed for the last 2 weeks every night, it’s a brand new stretch of road FFS. Lost nearly 45 minutes getting off there. Then lost nearly an hour queuing to get off at J18 northbound the next morning.

Who said work nights and miss all the traffic :open_mouth:

Terry T:
And why the [zb] was 13-12 closed for the last 2 weeks every night, it’s a brand new stretch of road FFS. Lost nearly 45 minutes getting off there. Then lost nearly an hour queuing to get off at J18 northbound the next morning. Who said work nights and miss all the traffic ■■? :open_mouth:

they’re extracting the urine at the mo :grimacing: pita :sunglasses:

Thats me back on the A500/A50 again for the foreseeable!

Heard on the radio yesterday that they will be there for the rest of the year :open_mouth:

Any driver worthy of that job title will not be using that infernal stretch of road. Alternatives are available.

No offence to the lads that work on these road works that can take a year to finish, then when done, they move on to another site, and that takes a year , but I do not notice much activity in the day or night .
I would drive past some workmen and machinery moving about, then come back a few hours later and can see only one small pile of soil was moved ten feet and a few pipes moved ten feet .
Then you may see some very important men stood in very clean hiviz jackets inspecting the site , does it really need about ten managers to do that ?
Odd how the Japanese built a new road in a few weeks , after an earthquake destroyed it.

rob22888:
Thats me back on the A500/A50 again for the foreseeable!

Have they finished the works on the stretch just south of Stoke? That was a nightmare of a diversion.

toby1234abc:
To be honest ,you did have warnings of an half an hour delay on the gantry signs but chose not to use the toll road which was empty , I am not going to argue about the cost of the toll as my gaffer pays it .

clapping

For the rest of us paupers it’s a pain in the hairy danglies!