M6 J14-J15 closires

Closed North between 14 and 15 from 9pm until 6am for the rest of this week.

Same stretch closed South all next week overnight.

Got to do Northampton to Runcorn tonight, wasn’t sure which way to go as last night M1 shut 23-23a. At least the A34 is dual carriageway all the way from J14-15 so should only be a minimal holdup. Even 15 minutes would make it preferable to going the M1 if that’s shut.

Conor (or anyone) that is coming down M6 it’s worth getting off at M42 to Birmingham Airport then coming down A45 onto M45 then onto M1 because they’ve been faffing with J4-J2 on M6 and also faffing with Cathorpe so the A5 has been rammed most nights going South when I’m heading into work

Sadly going the other way.

Not sure how tonight is going to go…

M6 J14-15 northbound this week, all lanes closed.

M6 J14 Northbound Exit, all lanes closed.

M1 Northbound J23-24 closed.

And that’s assuming I can beat M1 J17-19 northbound closed at 9pm.

Way to go Highways Agency, some real good planning there.

There clearly is NO planning.

M6 J2 J3 closed tonight too, pothole repairs!

tango boy:

That’s because, they’ve pulled the white lines up, moved the carriage way across, and where the white lines were, is now being used, and the tarmac is picking up,due to water going into the tarmac, causing potholes, happened on M62, M6 jcn 15-19, M1 15-19, it’s a known problem, will keep happening.

Whats happening between 14-15 this week?

biggriffin:

tango boy:

That’s because, they’ve pulled the white lines up, moved the carriage way across, and where the white lines were, is now being used, and the tarmac is picking up,due to water going into the tarmac, causing potholes, happened on M62, M6 jcn 15-19, M1 15-19, it’s a known problem, will keep happening.

I’ve never fathomed out why (it seems) most resurfacing work is carried out between October & March…it all needs redoing April-September!

Prepping for smart motorway works due to start in june.

Actrosman:

biggriffin:

tango boy:

I’ve never fathomed out why (it seems) most resurfacing work is carried out between October & March…it all needs redoing April-September!

March and April are especially bad every year, and I can only imagine budgets are being used up.

Never known complete swathes of the motorway being closed in years gone by, lane closures yes, but what’s done now creates gridlock around the surrounding towns as well and probably adds to councils problems with pothole through increased traffic.

Seems like it’s all in favour of the contractors to make there jobs easier and beggar those trying to make there way somewhere.

A couple of weeks back it was M5 J1-2 and M6 J6-7 on the same night. Should be really be letting people on the toll for free if they’re going to pull stunts like that.

This M6 J14-15 was absolutely brutal last night. Usually I catch these things at about 3am and they don’t really bother me all that much but I hit this at 10pm and it cost an extra 80 mins, gnawing away at the driving time as it was just inching forward from J13.

Telt:
A couple of weeks back it was M5 J1-2 and M6 J6-7 on the same night. Should be really be letting people on the toll for free if they’re going to pull stunts like that.

The laws of economics state that greater demand means higher prices, so if anything, the M6 toll should be twice the price :wink: