M6 J10A - 11 closed

whats gone on here i saw a Downtons artic on its side and a mansfield wrecker (big bugger aswell) pulling it straight :question: hope the driver was ok

matizerSCANIAR480:
whats gone on here i saw a Downtons artic on its side and a mansfield wrecker (big bugger aswell) pulling it straight :question: hope the driver was ok

It was a Downton Artic on it’s side, and a big Mansfield wrecker was recovering it!

expressandstar.com/news/2011 … rry-on-m6/

was talking to a bloke i know from downtons today, the driver of the wagon that overturned it was his first morning/run with company,26 pallets of cider on the back and a car cut across the front of him lane 3 to go down the 54.he had to slam on and the rest his history.he did assure me that the driver was ok.

clarkyboy:
was talking to a bloke i know from downtons today, the driver of the wagon that overturned it was his first morning/run with company,26 pallets of cider on the back and a car cut across the front of him lane 3 to go down the 54.he had to slam on and the rest his history.he did assure me that the driver was ok.

Hope the car driver got injured :smiling_imp:

poor fella, still it shows why we as humans are a pathetic breed, self preservation often ends in doom.
I wouldnt have braked so hard, I’d sooner explain the bent metal than risk a roll over.

never been one for cammeras in cabs,but i can now see the point in a forward facing one,not least to hopefully catch the idiot who caused this :imp: :imp:

ady1:
never been one for cammeras in cabs,but i can now see the point in a forward facing one,not least to hopefully catch the idiot who caused this :imp: :imp:

That’s what i was hoping :confused:,

worried your driving style will be recorded or not match up to your story :smiling_imp: :laughing:

I hope that the driver of the car looses their license,(if they have one) and doing things like they did all to save a few seconds they do not deserve to be able to drive on our roads, if i was the truck driver i would sue them ,
I have had a few of them do similar to me & i wouldn’t risk my life to avoid hitting one if it’s a case of me or them ,there’s no way it will be me, as said the truck & it’s load and or any car ect can be replaced it’s driver can’t be replaced

Saturday to Wednesday, I travel down from junction 10 M74 to junction 26 M6. On a daily basis ( 5 days a week ) I will have to brake for a car going from lane 2 or 3 to take a junction after the 100 yard marker post.
I will one day just hit the car, but who will get the blame, the LGV driver as normal.

i think the fact that it was a liquid load would help it roll over and i hope the car driver loses his license for that

Good news that everybody’s ok, could have been a lot worse, I don’t suppose there is any chance of the car underneath the truck being the one that cut him up. Really thinking of getting camera for our trucks.

matizerSCANIAR480:
i think the fact that it was a liquid load would help it roll over and i hope the car driver loses his license for that

It isn’t a liquid load, it is a load of bottles or tins :open_mouth:

TonyCBR:
poor fella, still it shows why we as humans are a pathetic breed, self preservation often ends in doom.
I wouldnt have braked so hard, I’d sooner explain the bent metal than risk a roll over.

True, but i bet if it happened to me or you instincts would say brake and swerve! :laughing:

Beetie:

TonyCBR:

True, but i bet if it happened to me or you instincts would say brake and swerve! :laughing:

I brake but i certainly dont swerve, had a close call last week on the A34, had a muppet join just after Tot Hill services, poxy van driver thought he was clever, until he realized i wasn’t slowing as much as he thought i would :unamused: