M6 j10 southbound change

It looks like they’ve ■■■■ ed it up in regards to making progress in heavy traffic over 4 lanes.
All of you that just used to sit for ages in lanes 2 and 3 for some unknown reason, presumably because there aint any hard shoulder :unamused: , such as Winseer with his ‘instrument of death’ :smiley: (sorry, but that STILL cracks me up :blush: :smiley: ) or because you have no lane discipline, should just ignore this thread.
My point is, time was when you could legally pass and sail by in lane 1, all you guys for about a mile, on the near side in queue, and shave off about 5 mins :sunglasses:
Not in a 'no time to spare teararse scenario, but from my own personal pov, to get just in time to get to Frankley msa for a Gregg’s latte and a bacon roll. :smiley:
Now they have designated lane 1 for vehicles leaving at j10 only, with chevroms blocking off at the end, what is now in effect a slip road . :cry:
How tf is that an improvement, when vehicles previously leaving at j10 were making the same progress as I was.
Gonna ring the Highways agency to get them to change it back especially for me explaining my sarnie situation.

S’ok, just get yer Greggs at Hilton Park instead, though that usually means reversing into a bay :wink: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Juddian:
S’ok, just get yer Greggs at Hilton Park instead, though that usually means reversing into a bay :wink: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Gregg’s at Hilton Park?
Bloody hell, didn’t do my homework on that one Juddian, best give the H.Agency a bell to put them on hold in case you’re winding me up. :laughing:

Seriously though, around that area is bad enough at certain times in the morning, I just thought they had made the situation worse with limiting that lane 1 to j10 users.
It’s about time they opened up that bloody toll m.way.as a free for all :bulb: … (and btw how tf they got the go ahead for that in the first place 2 M.ways virtually running parallel, and with all the environmental issues that ■■■■ s up. :open_mouth: is another argument for another day )

I agree the m6 toll should.be free or at least hell of a lot cheaper.
Hopefully Boris might suggest it as he supposed be announcing a lot of road building projects. Etc

Although Heathrow 3rd runway got halted on environment reasons.
And no doubt there try and stop any new road buildings on the same grounds

They are called ‘slip roads’ for a reason:

gauge the traffic flow on the roundabout by looking up at the over bridges; if it is empty then simply come off and on again, voila!

The same for the M42 between the M6 and Sutton Coldfield; or say passing selfish wide loads with immobile homes on the A31.

Keep 'er lit! :laughing: :laughing:

AgentSime:
They are called ‘slip roads’ for a reason:

gauge the traffic flow on the roundabout by looking up at the over bridges; if it is empty then simply come off and on again, voila!

The same for the M42 between the M6 and Sutton Coldfield; or say passing selfish wide loads with immobile homes on the A31.

Keep 'er lit! :laughing: :laughing:

That’s ok until you get to the lights on the top of j10, and sit there, then you re.join.and find yourself half a dozen vehicles behind the one you were behind previously.

robroy:

Juddian:

Gregg’s at Hilton Park?
Bloody hell, didn’t do my homework on that one Juddian, best give the H.Agency a bell to put them on hold in case you’re winding me up. :laughing:

Seriously though, around that area is bad enough at certain times in the morning, I just thought they had made the situation worse with limiting that lane 1 to j10 users.
It’s about time they opened up that bloody toll m.way.as a free for all :bulb: … (and btw how tf they got the go ahead for that in the first place 2 M.ways virtually running parallel, and with all the environmental issues that [zb] s up. :open_mouth: is another argument for another day )

You might have walk over the bridge, i use the n’bound side now and again for me bacon & latte (depending on what the time is might be Stafford North instead) there’s a good one n’bound, seldom stop s’bound Hilton and can’t remember if there’s a Greggs that side, be afternoon anyway when s’bound.

Agree completely about the M6 Toll, we’re being force fed tough talk from the present govt about lots of things, promising to spend money like the Croydon Money Trees are in full bloom, have yet to see any action though, so any promises from Johnson or disciples on this i’d be taking with a bucketful of salt.

robroy:
How tf is that an improvement, when vehicles previously leaving at j10 were making the same progress as I was.
Gonna ring the Highways agency to get them to change it back especially for me explaining my sarnie situation.

All this is due to the new bridge being built over Junction 10 costing £78 million it will revert to as it was when finished in Spring 2022.

M6 junction 10 improvement

moomooland:

robroy:

All this is due to the new bridge being built over Junction 10 costing £78 million it will revert to as it was when finished in Spring 2022.

M6 junction 10 improvement

2022? :open_mouth:
Deffo need to find out if there’s a Gregg’s on Hilton Park s/b now. :smiley:

robroy:

Doesn’t say NB only one here Greggs - Motorway Services, Greggs | service station info

Edit:

But if you look at the map view of locations it does say NB only so it would be a trip over the bridge if you are SB

Blimey, has Rob’s account been hacked ?

Or has he gone soft, given up, and rolled over. The butch hard trucker we all know used to despise MSA’s, and the thieving outlets on them. He used to tell us , how he only used them for a free toilet break.

Now, he’s joined the ranks of those who (are) time(d) their journey to within a minute and get hot and bothered when they are delayed by a minute or two…

old_n07:

robroy:

Doesn’t say NB only one here Greggs - Motorway Services, Greggs | service station info

Edit:

But if you look at the map view of locations it does say NB only so it would be a trip over the bridge if you are SB

There is one southbound, head through the main door head towards the right hand corner. Find it is better than the northbound, think they use the rolls from the day before, northbound.

the nodding donkey:

Or has he gone soft, given up, and rolled over. The butch hard trucker we all know used to despise MSA’s, and the thieving outlets on them. He used to tell us , how he only used them for a free toilet break.

Now, he’s joined the ranks of those who (are) time(d) their journey to within a minute and get hot and bothered when they are delayed by a minute or two…

:laughing: :laughing:
Nah that version of events is a bit distorted bud. :smiley:
I would never overnight park on a MSA, and I still think they are rip offs, but in my defence I’ve got a bad latte habit that needs feeding, but a cool way of getting free coffee with loyalty cards…nuff said btw. :wink:

So if I’m delayed for that minute you’re on about, to an MSA with no Gregg’s, it means me forking out for a Costa, or having to use my milk in the fridge to microwave it, and being that I’m both tight with cash and can’t be arsed to make my own, that is my dilemna :laughing: .
So butch hard trucker status still in fact ND me old mate. :laughing:

Washwipe:

old_n07:

robroy:

Edit:

There is one southbound, head through the main door head towards the right hand corner. Find it is better than the northbound, think they use the rolls from the day before, northbound.

Thanks for that mate. :wink:

Don’t they need to de-flea you anymore if you go to Hilton Park? Don’t tell me they’ve spent some money on the place finally

the nodding donkey:

Tbf Greggs and McDonald’s are the only two things I’ll purchase from if so feel the need to buy something from an MSA as they dont RIP the eyeballs out of you by charging double what they charge everywhere else.