M6 J10 night closure

The nighttime diversion off th M6 J10 is crazy. Took me over an hour to get through Wolves city centre last night.
Thursday night M6 was closed in three places 1-2, 5-6 and 10-11.
My normally stress free night runs are becoming fraught.
Every night a new diversion.

I’m not going to say anything about trying to follow unsigned diversions…

mkb600:
The nighttime diversion off th M6 J10 is crazy. Took me over an hour to get through Wolves city centre last night.

If north I would prob go right then pick up the 34 hang a left onto the a5 and back on at jn12

nick2008:

mkb600:

If north I would prob go right then pick up the 34 hang a left onto the a5 and back on at jn12

Agreed, went on the official diversion through Wolves one night, never again! Best to bear right at the J10 roundabout, pick up the A34 north, link up with A5 west then get back on the M6 at J12. Did it last night and sailed straight through.

the amount of full road closures at night is becoming a absolute pain in the arse …the A5 has been closed on n off for near on 6 week was ment to be only 3 weeks in both directions from Atherstone to Dordon all teyve done is a bit of tarmac patching and put in a few bumpy slabs at unmarked pedestrian crossing points. and tat just the first one after leaving our yard :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

I love the way that they either close M6 at 4a, or the M42 between 4 and 3A, but don’t bother saying some mornings until you’ve passed the M5, really clever when you want to use the M40.

CRAIG-D:
the amount of full road closures at night is becoming a absolute pain in the arse …the A5 has been closed on n off for near on 6 week was ment to be only 3 weeks in both directions from Atherstone to Dordon all teyve done is a bit of tarmac patching and put in a few bumpy slabs at unmarked pedestrian crossing points. and tat just the first one after leaving our yard :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

I work out of Dordon and that A5 has been a nightmare.

Was heading back from MK one night a couple of weeks back, usually do M1-M6-M42 as I generally cant stand the A5, but for a change set off up the A5. Went like a dream until I got towards Atherstone and noticed the diversion signs, got to Mancetter roundabout and had to turn back to the A444, up to the M42 and then back down to J10.

Apparently one of our drivers had a bit of a set to with the workmen when he got there at 9.30 to find them coning it off (was advertised as 10pm).

They’re advertising some works on the roundabout at J10 starting the week after next, no doubt that will involve closures at some stage (although I’ve no idea how you’d get across from one side to the other without crawling through a housing estate)

PaulNowak:
I love the way that they either close M6 at 4a, or the M42 between 4 and 3A, but don’t bother saying some mornings until you’ve passed the M5, really clever when you want to use the M40.

Got caught out by one of those myself, wanted M40 north to M42 north (east, whatever it is at that point), had to joing M42 west, down to J3, back the other way to the M40, then back up the 3400 to the M42.
Urgh.

PaulNowak:

If that’s the case, come off the M6 at j4 onto the A446 s/b, meeting up with the A45…gives you 3 options for the M40 then…left, along the A45, exit at the A46 turn and head for Stratford etc and join M40 at j15…this takes 30 mins. Turning right and the M42 j6 is just up the road (2 mins). Carry straight on under the A446/A45 junction and pick up the A452…follow this and eventually it comes to the A4177…keep going and eventually meet up with the A46…turn right and join the M40 at j15. I was very sceptical about that final route, looks crap. Tried one night and from M42 j6-M40 j15 is 23 mins…and that’s sitting at 45ish. Few slower sections and a slow right hander but cuts out a lot of nonsense on the official routes! Not many go that way either so it’s dead quiet!

I’ve give up using the M6 n/b at night…been going up that way regular for 7 years and the amount of times it’s been closed overnight, they could’ve relaid the ■■■■■■■ lot from top to bottom! Normally come off the M42 and head up the A446 past The Belfry to the A38 and join the A5 now or up to Tamworth and use the A5 all the way to the Lakeside turn…2 mins from then on for me.

According to the local paper they will be closing the southbound M6 next from J11 to J10 and the M54 south from J1. Every day this week they have had several different closures at different times and one, M6 at J11 with no advanced warning and one diversion route sign 3 mls off the motorway, fine if you know your way round, pity the poor sods going round the junction looking for a sign.

u think with all the closures they open up the M6 toll for free while all this work is on.but no they rather make it more difficult rather than help everyoe out.

thunder367:
u think with all the closures they open up the M6 toll for free while all this work is on.but no they rather make it more difficult rather than help everyoe out.

that’s what they want! :imp: ££££££££££s :smiling_imp:

We should just knock the cones out of the way and carry on.

How often is there actually any work going on? They just park some Iveco full of cones at 90 degrees to the carriageway and go for an all night breakfast.

You drive down there the following day and everything is exactly as it was, tramlines, potholes, the lot.