M6 in the wind

Hope you are ok who ever you are

Lorry-on-side__m6.jpg

ladder49:
Hope you are ok who ever you are

Ditto

+1 was sposed to be heading down that way tonight, quite relieved the shift has been cancelled

is that the northbound Thirlwell Viaduct?

C10HOO:

M6 NORTH 2nd lane…ye i think so :wink:

C10HOO:

It is, the clue was the word NORTH. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: I’m going up there later so I hope they get it shifted. Oh, and I hope the driver was okay.

I believe the incident in the picture is from yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon.

It is from yesterday afternoon about 1530 ish.

i hate that bridge in the wind its ■■■■■■■ horrible , i crossed it this morning southbound and it wasnt nice .

from where i come from i always get tempted to go A556 and join the M6 at knutsford but i decided otherwise this morning as i was being a brave soldier … :sunglasses:

C10HOO:

Its actually called the THELWALL viaduct I beleive (close though) :smiley: :smiley:

This must have happened just after I crossed it yesterday in the opposite direction, I was in a Ford Fiesta and the wind was blowing me about. There was a truck with a Euroliner trailer on in front of me, he’d got doors strapped open and curtains back but was almost blown over when the wind got under the roof !

Empty HGV, curtains closed, plus high winds = oops! road blocked for a few hours.

bowser:
i hate that bridge in the wind its [zb] horrible , i crossed it this morning southbound and it wasnt nice .

Crossed it nb a little while ago, I went into lane 2 and ran alongside a Tuffnells and it was okay.

About to go over it again and I am strapped in the passenger seat instead of my usual position on the bunk.

The real Biffo:
Empty HGV, curtains closed, plus high winds = oops! road blocked for a few hours.

Or with modern trailers,

Empty HGV, curtains open, plus high winds = oops, that’s my roof on top of those cars in lane 3. And rather interestingly it looks like it has also decapitated that fat bloke on the motorcycle. Could you drag him over here please officer so I can get a better look? Road blocked for a few hours.

5 of them over in ■■■■■■■ as we speak waiting to be recovered in daylight, one of them on top of a HATO car!

The Highway Man:
5 of them over in ■■■■■■■ as we speak waiting to be recovered in daylight, one of them on top of a HATO car!

The driver we met in Charnock Richard to swap trailers with a while ago mentioned them. He said Shap was ‘fun’.

Are the HATO’s okay?

Think im running back empty from Belshill to Cheshire tomorrow afternoon. Dont normally go further north than Wigan :open_mouth:

Coffeeholic:
Are the HATO’s okay?

They were already out dealing with a heavy that had gone over, when a second one was blown over in the same spot wiping out the patrol car.

After posting on and reading this thread and having safely crossed Thelwall I climbed on the bunk and went to sleep thinking it should be okay now. How wrong I was as less than an hour later between Stafford and Birmingham over we went.

I felt it go and heard the banging and crashing and I came flying up off the bunk roaring and swearing like a [zb].

It didn’t half scare the crap out of my co-driver who was calmly piloting us along lane 1 in an upright manner. It was a pigging dream and a bloody realistic one an’ all. I blame this thread. :smiley:

We are now on the old M10 and my colleague’s heart rate has just about returned to normal, but he is still giving me the odd strange look.

■■■■■■■ rough out there tonight! passed 2 wagons on their side when head north on m6 near j38 services. glad to be in house now. had to stop in southwaite for wee while till wind dropped. new double deck trailer on, not risking it! hope drivers ok that went over.

Called in to cover a shift at the last minute, passed 3 on their sides near J38, one southbound and two northbound. Hope the drivers are OK. Axor top deflectors don’t half make a racket when it gets breezy :unamused: . Just glad to get back right side up :confused: