M6 Friday night!

Did anyone on here get stuck in that traffic pass brum Northbound?
1130pmjust sitting there with engine off.Took me 1hr40min from 3a to pass the roadworks stafford!
Bloody night mare!!

don’t you know the other way then :open_mouth:

From what i hear others had the same last night past Jnc21 down to 1 lane 10pm-5am on a sat night with long delays.

There’s another thread moaning about the roads need repairing and it is scheduled to resurface over 80% of the motorways over the next 5 years.

Maybe they could plane it and resurface it under the moving vehicles :stuck_out_tongue:

It may end up with full closures for 1 night or longer (see M180) to do the work quicker.

Any other suggestions :question:

I don’t drive on Friday afternoons anymore.

Silver_Surfer:
I don’t drive on Friday afternoons anymore.

I’m with you on that.

if you havent passed stafford before 3pm on a friday forget it park it till 7pm then get going then less stress less fuel less hassle

Couple of weeks ago Birmingham to Manchester took me 4 hours.

If I leave central London before 0900 on a Friday it takes me about 3h40 to get back, anything after and it can take me up to 6/7 hours. Stafford services to Crewe is 35mins on a clear run. Sick of having to take a 45 there. Took me an hour and a quarter the week before last.

What really drives me mental is the reason for the delays. Idiots rushing home, texting their bits on the side. Sailing into the back of some poor neurotic girl. Or losing an hour purely and simply because of a tyre change on the H/S.

buses:
Did anyone on here get stuck in that traffic pass brum Northbound?
1130pmjust sitting there with engine off.Took me 1hr40min from 3a to pass the roadworks stafford!
Bloody night mare!!

Not suprised it took you that long “with the engine off” :stuck_out_tongue:

NOVE:
If I leave central London before 0900 on a Friday it takes me about 3h40 to get back, anything after and it can take me up to 6/7 hours. Stafford services to Crewe is 35mins on a clear run. Sick of having to take a 45 there. Took me an hour and a quarter the week before last.

Have you tried M1/A50/A500 - J16 if setting off later?.. I generally find that easier going traffic wise but i’ve admittedly been on local work for a few years now so, dunno if thats still the case with current roadworks etc.

Part of the reason I went onto local work & nights was because I was sick of the traffic/closures/general headache that is trying to get around this country, kinda spoils things for me. I still have nightmares about the weekly sight of endless tail lights trying to get back up north on a Friday.

rob22888:
I was sick of the traffic/closures/general headache that is trying to get around this country, kinda spoils things for me. I still have nightmares about the weekly sight of endless tail lights trying to get back up north on a Friday.

I don’t blame you Rob, Usual rush south again today :smiling_imp:

And in today’s news :smiley:
Supposedly “Severe”

BBC:
M6 Lancashire, both ways between B5256 [M6 junction 28] and A5209 [M6 junction 27]
M6 Lancashire - M6 blocked and queueing traffic in both directions between J28, B5256 (Leyland) and J27, A5209 (Standish), because of a serious accident involving a single car. In the roadworks area. Matrix sign set to 40 mph.
Updated 19 minutes ago

Supposedly “Medium”

BBC:
M6 Cheshire, southbound between A49 [M6 junction 22] and A54 Middlewich [M6 junction 18]
M6 Cheshire - Queueing traffic and heavier than usual traffic on M6 southbound between J22, A49 (Newton Le Willows) and J18, A54 (Middlewich). Travel time is 1 hour 20 minutes.
Updated 19 minutes ago

M5’s “Very severe” & M25 is “Have a guess” :grimacing:

Anyway i’m off to grab a brew, finish getting the T on and watching TV :grimacing:

rob22888:

NOVE:

Have you tried M1/A50/A500 - J16 if setting off later?.. I generally find that easier going traffic wise but i’ve admittedly been on local work for a few years now so, dunno if thats still the case with current roadworks etc.

Part of the reason I went onto local work & nights was because I was sick of the traffic/closures/general headache that is trying to get around this country, kinda spoils things for me. I still have nightmares about the weekly sight of endless tail lights trying to get back up north on a Friday.

I have never, ever not been snarled up on the M1. Hateful piece of tarmac. I’ll go down that way if I’m heading out down the A14.

Must admit I think I’m going to give it another chance on Fridays from now on

rob22888:

NOVE:

I leave Milton Keynes every Friday 2pm, 2 drops in Manchester then onto Scotland, if it wasn’t for the M1 / A50 / A500 I would have quit a long time ago, although I can be a pain when the first information sign after J19 on the M1 reads long delays M1 jct 22, 23, 23a. Why that information can’t be displayed before J19 I do not know, at least then you can choose between the M6 / M1

Latique:
if you havent passed stafford before 3pm on a friday forget it park it till 7pm then get going then less stress less fuel less hassle

Spot on mate. I’ve had a few weekly rest issues because I run in satdays, that’s were I think the rules are barmy. I’m more rested than flogging a dead horse trying to get home on a Friday afternoon.

irc5468:

rob22888:

NOVE:

I leave Milton Keynes every Friday 2pm, 2 drops in Manchester then onto Scotland, if it wasn’t for the M1 / A50 / A500 I would have quit a long time ago, although I can be a pain when the first information sign after J19 on the M1 reads long delays M1 jct 22, 23, 23a. Why that information can’t be displayed before J19 I do not know, at least then you can choose between the M6 / M1

I’ve got a sneaky feeling that the Toll Road operators have a hand in what appears on the matrix signs. Probably in the hope that we’ll fill their coffers.