M6 diversion needed

I see on trafic info that the M6 is closed tonight from 10pm to 6am southbound between j15 and j14 any Does anyone know of a easy diversion around this i,m leaving Penrith at 2000hrs for Portsmouth

A34 is the obvious route. Hopefully not to bad at the time you are thinking of traveling.

Cheers Ark Angel, its a area i don,t know to well, these night closures can be a real ball ache.

klunk/■■■■■■■■
I see on trafic info that the M6 is closed tonight from 10pm to 6am southbound between j15 and j14 any Does anyone know of a easy diversion around this i,m leaving Penrith at 2000hrs for Portsmouth

you are taking the mick, arnt you??

klunk/■■■■■■■■

I’ve been clobbered by the same closures Northbound a couple of times. The A34 is the only real option. It will cost you an exta 20-30 mins, but it more or less follows parallel to the M6, but there is a fair few junctions & roundabouts etc.
Get off at 15, on to the A500 for about a mile. Onto the A34 follow the signs.

:smiley: you could also try the a519 at j15 to eccleshall then onto great bridgeford j14 probly slightly longer but less junctions /roundabouts,not a bad road though

J15 A34 south its dual carriageway all the way down
but beware speed cameras set to 30 thru Tittensor
if long que to get off at 15 Exit at 16 and go down the D road A500 no stopping speed limit 50 all the way to bottom of stoke