M6; Coppers on Bridge With Camera

Has anyone seen the two coppers on a bridge near Lymm services? One “spotting” and one stood to one side with a normal camera with a telephoto lens.
I saw them heading South this morning, hoping they didn’t see me finishing my Costa off. :blush: I was a good distance away when I did, they were in normal uniforms not hi viz, cop doing the spotting didn’t appear to have binoculars so hopefully in the clear…
Sneaky gits.

They have started using foot bridges above the M74 although I don’t know what kind of camera they were using. My guess is a speed camera and needless to say, no cop car was visible from the road. Personally I object to this on the grounds that it is a person on a bridge above a live lane. I hate driving under people standing on bridges because you don’t know whether they are planning nothing, throwing an object at you or even jumping under your wagon. Every person stood on a motorway bridge is a distraction no matter what their purpose for being there is

probably mobile spotting.

Stobart spotters is my guess

A good sniper always uses a spotter!

Just a thought.

I saw those 2, just thought they were hobby type spotters or maybe journo’s after a background shot or summat like, never noticed any uniform tbh, didn’t pay them that much notice really.

atlas man:
Stobart spotters is my guess

Haha should be a like button on the forum lol

No like button but you could +1 it lol :laughing:

Dirty dirty barstewards !

It could have something to do with this DVSA campaign sent via their newsletter:

"Using a mobile phone or other handheld device while driving is a serious road safety risk and a criminal offence.
To help make drivers aware of the dangers and consequences of committing this offence, DVLA now issue a letter to all Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) or Public Service Vehicle (PSV) drivers who get penalty points put on their driver record for this specific offence. The letter informs the driver of the risks involved if they continue to use hand held devices while driving.
The letter also advises that as well as the fixed penalty and points, the driver may also have to attend a conduct hearing before a traffic commissioner. The letter warns that if this offence is repeated, the driver will automatically be referred to the traffic commissioner, who may then review that driver’s suitability to continue to hold a vocational licence."
I agree in principal to all the above but why are vocational drivers being singled-out/discriminated against yet again■■?
How about also considering a short, immediate ban for car/van/motorbike (yes, I have seen a lad texting whilst riding a manual motorbike!!) drivers/riders.
This would undoubtedly act as a superb deterrent and encourage people to cease making those ultra-necessary and life-dependant phone calls/texts i.e. “I’ll be home in 20 minutes…get the kettle on.”!!!

No problem if your doing nothing wrong:-)

It will soon be getting that time of year again, Christmas Parties need paying for :laughing: :laughing:

I see the camera van along the new Spalding Bypass yesterday morning … wonder how many he caught :question: