M6 closure j16-17 12-4-11

m6 closure between 16 and 17 till 7pm today according to highways.

I think it’s just Northbound, but anyone with anymore info, feel free to add :smiley:

I’ve got 2 drivers sat in that at the moment, they’ve done around 500 yards in the last hour and a half.

8 legger:
I’ve got 2 drivers sat in that at the moment, they’ve done around 500 yards in the last hour and a half.

Hanging the job out if you ask me.

Coffeeholic:

8 legger:

Hanging the job out if you ask me.

They’ll have 3 loads to do tomorrow instead of 2 that’s all, just frustrating when its out of your control.

nver heard of coming off at j13/j14/j15? and going round it unless they are hourly paid then its always best to find a good que :laughing: :laughing:

i sent mine up the A500 and then up the A34 then the A50 and back on at knutford - took and extra 45 minutes over the normal journey but the road had only just been closed a few minutes
south bound i just said start your night out lol - still its been cleared now which was really quick
does anyone know what happened ?
regards
Steve

dazaster:
nver heard of coming off at j13/j14/j15? and going round it unless they are hourly paid then its always best to find a good que :laughing: :laughing:

They could see the accident it was only half a mile in front of them if they’d been 5 mins earlier they would have missed the crash and not had any problems

gm:
i sent mine up the A500 and then up the A34 then the A50 and back on at knutford - took and extra 45 minutes over the normal journey but the road had only just been closed a few minutes
south bound i just said start your night out lol - still its been cleared now which was really quick
regards
Steve

I did the same with the others, as you said it still took a while, but its better than 2 hours to do half a mile.

gm:

Yes ,
someone closed the motorway :laughing: :laughing:

trux:

gm:

Yes ,

Because 2 people (I believe) died, and the air ambulance had to land on the S/B side, so that was closed for a short time. how distasteful of them to inconvenience you!

The real Biffo:

trux:

gm:

Yes ,

Because 2 people (I believe) died, and the air ambulance had to land on the S/B side, so that was closed for a short time. how distasteful of them to inconvenience you!

I don’t think anyone was really complaining, we where mealy just trying to help people avoid the area. As i said at the time, all it means for us is that they will need to do an extra load the next day. Id rather be held up for a few hours that go through what the families will be currently be going through.