M6 Cheshire NB between J16-17 closed

M6 is shut (or 2 lanes are ) Northbound due to an accident involving two lorries http://www.highways.gov.uk/news/press-releases/traffic-bulletin-northbound-m6-in-cheshire-partially-closed/ Hope both drivers are ok

Also there appeares to have been another accident this morning on the south bound side

I can confirm our driver (Heritage) is well…albeit in Stafford hospital with some bruises.
Great job by the Police and emergency services.

He was bloody lucky ! I didn’t think he’d of got out of that cab how it looked , safe to say tractor unit and trailer are both written off!

Neville 1:
I can confirm our driver (Heritage) is well…albeit in Stafford hospital with some bruises.
Great job by the Police and emergency services.

That’s good news glad he’s ok.

glad to hear everyone is alive. at the looks of the heritage unit I’m surprised it wasn’t worse news.

We thought so to being honest and all held our breath for sure…He was very lucky indeed… and yes the whole lot will be total loss…

Its a miracle he got out of the wreckage of that…

TWO HGV’s guys, The other driver isn’t so lucky as just cuts & bruises. He’ll not be driving a truck for a very long time until he’s recovered.

Recovery of the HGV is still on-going, a crane has had to be brought in for this, only 1 lane running still past the scene still, traffic queues are horrendous, stay clear if you can.

There wasn’t another accident on the southbound, they close that so the air ambulance could land near to the scene, once the air ambo leaves, the c/way is reopened, delays on the S/B are due to rubber-neckers.

Agree there were TWO involved…but not able to comment on what happened exactly… No question the Investigators will
find the truth and deal with the incident accordingly. I cannot comment on the “Other” driver … or what happened as we simply do not know and will not speculate on this forum.

Horrendous day just not knowing since the first reports came in, but I can confirm the Heritage driver was air lifted conscious to hospital and has since spoken to his partner indicating he is ok.
We have no idea who else was involved or what caused it. I hope nobody else is seriously injured.

Have a safe one all.

Glad to hear your driver is ok Neville, at first sight of your truck I feared the worst for him. It certainly says something for the build quality of the Volvo that he’s come out of that intact, I wish him a speedy recovery.

Where’s Wally:
Glad to hear your driver is ok Neville, at first sight of your truck I feared the worst for him. It certainly says something for the build quality of the Volvo that he’s come out of that intact, I wish him a speedy recovery.

+1.

Nice the hear of a driver surviving after an HGV collision. (I know the feeling. :slight_smile: )

Ken.

Hi guys iam a new member on trucknet leedarby67 just to let you know I was the heritage driver who was in the accident on m6 on Jan 7th 2014.

Glad your still with us! Hope your on the mend, and will be back on the road soon.

Hi Lee, I think we may have met before! Best wishes for a speedy full recovery.

Lee are you the ex tank transporter guy I once talked to at Iceland Enfield?

Hi guys thankyou for your kind comments,sorry haven’t been on for a while.After that accident that day where a car hit the truck when I went up the embankment.I was trapped for two half hours were the emergencies were great,but since accident I have suffered with all injuries to right side of body.I have ended up with my right foot Paralised due to drop foot and a hematoma in right leg with blood clots and Abcess on right leg due to infection.i have since spent time in hospital and have about three appointments each week.Also as can not walk on leg propley I have to have crutches and wheelchair.so it just goes to show how easy a situation can happen when not your fault.I concididerd myself as a careful driver as that was my first accident in driving hgvs for 21 years.I also have to see doctor once a week for anxiety since then which was never like this before that day.But am so glad iam still here with my lovely family.so all you guys out there that do that job stay safe.

Sorry to hear of your situation regarding your recovery mate. When you are feeling down just remember 1 thing… You got out of it alive, it could’ve been a hell of a lot worse.

Lee, sorry to hear about that. On the anxiety side - try not to overthink it (difficult, I know - been there myself). As Steve said, you have to mark it in the “win” column.
Take the help that’s offered, physically and emotionally - and as you said, bless your family.
Take care, Mate.

Sorry to hear of your woes. I hope that eventually you find that your life continues in a normality that enables you to cope.