M6 accident today

three killed in motorway pile up

went passed theis today and i only thought it was the truck down the embankment. :blush:

condolences to all involved :cry: :cry:

jon

:unamused: :unamused: having seen the name on the door need I say more :unamused: :unamused:

I think the M1 Milton Keynes way has been belly up all night , and the M6 near Rugby .

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds … 566589.stm

M6 the other day m1 today W.T.Flip. is going on?.

A 23-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.

I wonder if she was the truck or car driverâ– â– ?

The 23 year old woman was a car driver who stopped in lane 1,either having broke down or had a rtc.A Ginsters lorry was immediately behind her when the next 3 hgv’s all collided.This involved a Shell tanker and a James Irlam,whose driver died.This is the fourth serious incident i know of in the East involving a James Irlam in the last year.Are they just unlucky or employ some very bad drivers.I know with a big, high profile fleet they will get noticed more but i don’t hear of so many Stobarts being involved in so many rtc’s.Hopefully just bad luck.
Our thoughts go to the driver’s family and colleagues.

extrucker:
The 23 year old woman was a car driver who stopped in lane 1,either having broke down or had a rtc.A Ginsters lorry was immediately behind her when the next 3 hgv’s all collided.This involved a Shell tanker and a James Irlam,whose driver died.This is the fourth serious incident i know of in the East involving a James Irlam in the last year.Are they just unlucky or employ some very bad drivers.I know with a big, high profile fleet they will get noticed more but i don’t hear of so many Stobarts being involved in so many rtc’s.Hopefully just bad luck.
Our thoughts go to the driver’s family and colleagues.

just noticed your occupation extrucker, with your information i take it you had to attend this rta . :cry:

Kept the motorway shut for a while anyway .That stretch between NTM and Milton Keynes always has it’s fair share of collisions .A while back it was TNT smacking into stuff every week in that area .
It’s a pretty straight well lit stretch of motorway ,so what gives ?

paul@midway:

And thats exactly the time your concentration will be at its lowest…

Nice straight bit of road …nows a good time to roll a ■■■
Nice straight bit of road…I’ll just pour myself a coffee from my flask
Nice straight bit of road…im gonna change that tape/cd now

would you be that relaxed and distracted on a winding lane ?

My colleagues atended this.All our worst incidents have been between J13 -J15 in Thames Valley Police’s area which is a very small patch of M1.The rtc figures for J8-J10 are considerably lower since the roadworks started.Not sure if it is because of lower speed limit or that the traffic is always slow moving!!

extrucker:
The rtc figures for J8-J10 are considerably lower since the roadworks started.Not sure if it is because of lower speed limit or that the traffic is always slow moving!!

I think it’s quite likely to be because the roadworks are ‘out of the norm’ they kinda garb drivers attention more and consequently concentrate on their actual driving more thoroughly than usual. It’s kinda the same take on what Reef said above.

Reef:

paul@midway:

And thats exactly the time your concentration will be at its lowest…

Nice straight bit of road …nows a good time to roll a ■■■
Nice straight bit of road…I’ll just pour myself a coffee from my flask
Nice straight bit of road…im gonna change that tape/cd now

would you be that relaxed and distracted on a winding lane ?

True .I come off the motorways and come cross country if i have plenty of time on my hands .Not so mind numbingly boring .
I’ve said it before and i’ll say it again , I hate motorways .Unfortunatly 9 times out of 10 i have got to use them .

Came up the M1 last night , the accident was just before 14 slap bang opposite the hard standing that sits back from the hard shoulder that the foreigners use as a layby .
Be interesting to keep upto date with this one and see what the eventual outcome is .

is there any of them ruts/tram lines in the road that make you bounce all over . Never been that way…Their an accident in themselves waiting to happen and one day somebody will unfortunatley be killed by them

I had one of the aforementioned in the newspaper report have it around me at great pace on the S- bend entry slip from the M25 north bound for the M11 this morning. One would think that all the drivers for this company would have had a debrief after their accident yesterday. What beats me is that the road signs couldn’t be more explicit, what with a recommended speed of 30 with enough graphics depicting roll-over potential. To my amazement the buffoon chose to ignore all the warnings and belt it around the bends at 45 + compromising himself and the arctic ahead of me when joining the M11. A numpty deluxe. :unamused: