M6/A556 link road

Here’s a question then.

Your driving along road works average speed cameras.
You stick to the 50mph limit.
But over time driving the same routes you know where the last camera is.
Yet the change of speed limit.road sign. Doesn’t appear on the road sometimes for a good 2 or 3 miles later.

So do you

A stick to 50mph untill you reach the road sign then speed up

B as soon as you pass the last camera put you foot down?

robroy:

DickyNick:
As you come off at junction 19 there’s currently a 30mph speed limit in place up the slip road and then for about half a mile along the A556 towards Manchester which then goes to 60mph. Limit is 30 so I do 30 and other professional drivers seem to want to ignore it. They then move out to overtake and go over the 30 limit but they then seem surprised that I accelerate to 56mph once we hit the 60 limit and leave them out in lane 2. Total lack of anticipation, what do they think another vehicle is going to do next at a speed limit increase? Not rocket science isn’t it. Not my fault they choose to go over the 30 limit due to unprofessional, impatient and couldn’t give a toss attitudes.

Don’t know why I’m even responding to this crap :unamused: …but here goes.
Yeh it’s wrong to go over the speed limit, and yeh also probably unprofessional.
But so is hitting the max speed limit for no other reason other than to be a complete arse and keep somebody out to make a point.
If YOU were a true ‘professional’ you would just back off, let them pass, shake your head,.safe in the knowledge that you were a better driver and …you’ve guessed it, a true ‘professional’.

(Utter [zb] self righteous saddo, bore off ffs… :unamused: )

+1

Complains about a driver acting unprofessional then brags about acting unprofessional himself. Congratulations

I always feel that someone suggesting intelligence or lack of it invariably suffers from a strange kind of dyslexia that affects their spelling. It only seems to happen on the Professional forums.

I find the easiest way to live an easy life is keep your head low, don’t ■■■■ off too many people around you, and don’t tell lies when you will be caught out.

In the OP it says about a 30mph limit. We have a temporary 40mph limit which has been there since February, long before complete lockdown, it is still there, it has still not been cleared or worked on, there are a set of road signs and a generator, no workmen, no security, and no accidents. So I have introduced my own temporary limit of 75mph until the signs are moved or I see someone working.