M6/A556 link road

DickyNick:
The overtaking rule you mention applies to overtaking on a single carriageway. Take a look at the bit about using motorways and dusk carriageways and that’s different.

The reason for the rule you state is to assist making it safe for an overtaking vehicle to move back in as soon as possible when on the opposite side of the road. Safety. Doesn’t apply on a road where you can’t go on the “wrong” side of the road.

Written under General Rules, and “Using The Road”.
Dual-carriageway and motorways are also “roads”,aren’t they?
Rule 163 in the same section speaks of different lanes moving at different speeds, so this section does NOT apply exclusively to single carriageways.
The section on motorways does talk of lanes of traffic moving at different speeds, yes. One vehicle overtaking another, with clear road in gr9nt of both of them, isn’t IMHO, lines of traffic moving at variable speeds.

Edit to add.
The speed limit is of course a max limit, and you aren’t obliged to get up to it immediately. “It’s not a target”.

DickyNick:
The overtaking rule you mention applies to overtaking on a single carriageway. Take a look at the bit about using motorways and dusk carriageways and that’s different.

The reason for the rule you state is to assist making it safe for an overtaking vehicle to move back in as soon as possible when on the opposite side of the road. Safety. Doesn’t apply on a road where you can’t go on the “wrong” side of the road.

You just ain’t listening are you.
Whether or not it is right or wrong what you done in terms of the law and regulations, it was grossly unprofessional…the whole point of your thread, unprofessionalism. :bulb:
If the guy you had kept out was as equally a twonk and just kept his speed up it would have become a ‘neither giving way ■■■■■■■ contest’ …as I said a true pro would have just let him crack on whilst calling him a ■■■■ under his breath, but certainly not adapting a ‘I’ll show him’ road marshalling approach, and then looking for credit for it, thus making a prick of himself on a truckers forum.

DickyNick:
As you come off at junction 19 there’s currently a 30mph speed limit in place up the slip road and then for about half a mile along the A556 towards Manchester which then goes to 60mph. Limit is 30 so I do 30 and other professional drivers seem to want to ignore it. They then move out to overtake and go over the 30 limit but they then seem surprised that I accelerate to 56mph once we hit the 60 limit and leave them out in lane 2. Total lack of anticipation, what do they think another vehicle is going to do next at a speed limit increase? Not rocket science isn’t it. Not my fault they choose to go over the 30 limit due to unprofessional, impatient and couldn’t give a toss attitudes.

All this happened only in his imagination.

Stop feeding the troll.

So ignore all idea of defensive driving and accelerate into danger. Hmm.

Stop feeding the troll.
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thats the winner right there.

rowley 101 is dead…long live the new one.

the nodding donkey:

DickyNick:
As you come off at junction 19 there’s currently a 30mph speed limit in place up the slip road and then for about half a mile along the A556 towards Manchester which then goes to 60mph. Limit is 30 so I do 30 and other professional drivers seem to want to ignore it. They then move out to overtake and go over the 30 limit but they then seem surprised that I accelerate to 56mph once we hit the 60 limit and leave them out in lane 2. Total lack of anticipation, what do they think another vehicle is going to do next at a speed limit increase? Not rocket science isn’t it. Not my fault they choose to go over the 30 limit due to unprofessional, impatient and couldn’t give a toss attitudes.

Maybe it did maybe it didn’t …but in his/their mind it DID. :bulb:

He/Rowley loves to show us examples of other’s bad driving, and how he deals with it with his/their road Commander hat/hats on, but I love it when in the examples he/they always make a complete ■■■ of himself/themselves.
Worth responding just to see him/them digging the hole even deeper and being totally oblivious to it. :laughing: :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i
i beg to differ.
it didnt happen to him, and nobody thinks it did happen.
possibly he saw someone in a similar circumstance and got the idea to post more pish and see who inevitably bites.■■ :confused:

dieseldog999:

i
i beg to differ.
possibly he saw someone in a similar circumstance and got the idea to post more pish and see who inevitably bites.■■ :confused:

You miss my point DD, he’s convinced himself in his own mind it did happen, and done so, in order to come on here and (unsuccesfully) point out what a far superior driver he is, …and as I keep saying he misses the point that he’s displaying the complete opposite.

When he finally gets the message, he’ll stop making things up and/or look for attention elsewhere.

Did I not tell you that apart from being a trucking legend (confirmed btw :smiley: ) I’m also an amateur psychologist. :sunglasses:
:unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

dieseldog999:

i
i beg to differ.

You miss my point DD, he’s convinced himself in his own mind it did happen, and done so, in order to come on here and (unsuccesfully) point out what a far superior driver he is, …and as I keep saying he misses the point that he’s displaying the complete opposite.

When he finally gets the message, he’ll stop making things up and/or look for attention elsewhere.

Did I not tell you that apart from being a trucking legend (confirmed btw :smiley: ) I’m also an amateur psychologist. :sunglasses:
:unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i think the message that will dawn on him will be the old familier premod one when he kicks the ■■■ out of it again,but hey ho… :laughing:

Stick to the speed limits and ■■■■ everyone else. thats what i do and i dont let the others bother me, I will slow down and let someone pass who has let me on the motorway for example, but i am the same as you when it comes to 30 limit then back up to 60 limit if you get paid to drive you are a ‘proffesional driver’’ no matter what your standard, by the way, You should make safe, reasonable progress along the road bearing in mind the road, traffic and weather conditions and the road signs and speed limits.

I thought Rowley010 and jakethesnake would have been jumping all over this one, or have they ?

robthedog:
I thought Rowley010 and jakethesnake would have been jumping all over this one, or have they ?

My understanding is…

JTS/UKT, whether they are fact or fiction one and the same or what ever, have been placed on pre-mod.

robroy:

DickyNick:

Don’t know why I’m even responding to this crap :unamused: …but here goes.
Yeh it’s wrong to go over the speed limit, and yeh also probably unprofessional.
But so is hitting the max speed limit for no other reason other than to be a complete arse and keep somebody out to make a point.
If YOU were a true ‘professional’ you would just back off, let them pass, shake your head,.safe in the knowledge that you were a better driver and …you’ve guessed it, a true ‘professional’.

(Utter [zb] self righteous saddo, bore off ffs… :unamused: )

Well said Robroy. 100% with you.

shullbit:
Stick to the speed limits and [zb] everyone else. thats what i do and i dont let the others bother me, I will slow down and let someone pass who has let me on the motorway for example, but i am the same as you when it comes to 30 limit then back up to 60 limit if you get paid to drive you are a ‘proffesional driver’’ no matter what your standard, by the way, You should make safe, reasonable progress along the road bearing in mind the road, traffic and weather conditions and the road signs and speed limits.

Somebody who drives as a profession is a ‘professional’ in that context yeh, but you say it does not matter what the standards are, they are still drivers?..seriously?

A guy who drives for a living who shows professional…ISM , is worlds apart from one who says ‘■■■■ everybody else on the road’ ( I ain’t casting aspersions on you,.as I do not know you) but that sort of attitude usually comes with those who ‘drive’ their truck as you would a car.
The type of example of road behaviour displayed by the o/p keeping others out (irrespective of whether or not they are in the wrong) personifies it… other examples not giving way, cutting in pulling out and all the rest of the crap.

It’s a bit like saying somebody who has a Class 1 licence is a ‘driver’…not so, some of them should not be let within 10 yds of a big truck with all the potential grief it can cause in the hands of a d/head.
I ain’t perfect myself (yeh I know, hard to believe :smiley: ) but I do try and drive with courtesy and a bit of empathy, it makes for a quieter stress free job, without giving a ■■■■ about other’s actions of stupidity.

All this sort of aggressive and negative truck driving stuff just encourages the ‘Thundering juggernaut’ :unamused: crew, those ■■■■ s just love it.

I am mereley stating a FACT someone who gets paid to drive is BY DEFINITION a proffesional driver, now i know that this may be hard for people of limited intelligence to grasp but it is A FACT. Trucker Lena is by definition a proffesional driver, the drivers of green liveried lorrys that strike bridges are proffesional drivers, bin wagon drivers are proffesional drivers (hard to believe i know), bus drivers are proffesional drivers, the standard is irrelevant, THEY GET PAID THEREFORE THEY ARE PROFFESIONAL.

shullbit:
I am mereley stating a FACT someone who gets paid to drive is BY DEFINITION a proffesional driver, now i know that this may be hard for people of limited intelligence to grasp but it is A FACT. Trucker Lena is by definition a proffesional driver, the drivers of green liveried lorrys that strike bridges are proffesional drivers, bin wagon drivers are proffesional drivers (hard to believe i know), bus drivers are proffesional drivers, the standard is irrelevant, THEY GET PAID THEREFORE THEY ARE PROFFESIONAL.

Apologies for my limited intelligence :neutral_face: …but maybe it’s your comprehension that’s at fault.

I clearly stated (or implied) that I got what you meant, I was pointing out the two contexts of the word ‘professional’.
As you say if you get paid for something as a ‘profession’ you are a ‘professional’ in those terms, but that word also has connotations of being better at something than those who do not do it full time…as you well know.
‘Join the Professionals’ in the Army advert does not mean join up to get paid for it, that being an example of my point. :bulb:…not to mention Bodie and Doyle. :smiley:

robroy:

shullbit:

Apologies for my limited intelligence :neutral_face: …but maybe it’s your comprehension that’s at fault.

I clearly stated (or implied) that I got what you meant, I was pointing out the two contexts of the word ‘professional’.
As you say if you get paid for something as a ‘profession’ you are a ‘professional’ in those terms, but that word also has connotations of being better at something than those who do not do it full time…as you well know.
‘Join the Professionals’ in the Army advert does not mean join up to get paid for it, that being an example of my point. :bulb:…not to mention Bodie and Doyle. :smiley:

I am not saying you have limited intelligence, just stating that ‘‘some’’ people have limited intelligence.

robroy:

shullbit:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
its only the salvation army that arnt professional.
but at least you get to bang a tambourine ,you get home for your tea,and theres no friday nights out in a layby with a box of jaffa cakes either… :laughing:

robroy:
should not be let within 10 yds of a big truck with all the potential grief it can cause in the hands of a d/head.

Go on, admit it.
You were dying to say “44 ton killing machine” wern’t you?
:laughing:

The-Snowman:

robroy:
should not be let within 10 yds of a big truck with all the potential grief it can cause in the hands of a d/head.

Go on, admit it.
You were dying to say “44 ton killing machine” wern’t you?
:laughing:

Nah,.I still prefer Winseer’s ‘‘Instrument of death’’ :smiley: …much more dramatic. :laughing: