M6/a14 NEW sliproad

hello,please could anyone tell me what what are they doing at this junction?..is it the above a new slip to join the a14 off the m6 or what.everytime i go past i can not figureout what they are doing as i would have thought thats the thing they really need to do due to the number off RTA at cathorpe. :confused:

The reason for Catthorpe RTC’S, Is selfish ■■■■■■■■ who try and push in at the end, thus blocking lane 2 and making everyone behind brake hard, swerve etc. :imp:

They’re just replacing the existing bridge which connects the m6 to the m1 southbound. They were going to be redesigning the junction, but the government cutbacks meant they scrapped it so they’re just doing the bridge now. Complete waste of time if you ask me…

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.481698,-2.960174

…unless the old bridge needs replacing that is ! I agree though, that junction connects so much of the country, it needs more than 1 lane for traffic and certainly more than a dodgy narrow roundabout !

Beetie:
They’re just replacing the existing bridge which connects the m6 to the m1 southbound. They were going to be redesigning the junction, but the government cutbacks meant they scrapped it so they’re just doing the bridge now. Complete waste of time if you ask me…

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.481698,-2.960174

I thought they’d got the money back again:

The details took a bit of finding but see here: highways.gov.uk/roads/docume … eaflet.pdf

You have to scroll down a bit for a map.

As far as I can see, any non-motorway traffic on the Westbound A14 will have to leave at Junctiom 1 by the Portly Ford Café.

In my view they have been working on the wrong bit but i dont know what state the old flyover is in. The work is set to be completed spring next year i think. That junction is a disaster along with junction 10 on the M40, designed by people who dont understand traffic movement and volumes. What is the countries obession with putting a roundabout right near major trunk road junctions.

Here is a press release from the HA regarding the M1 closure at J19 coming up in January 2012.

http://www.highways.gov.uk/news/pressrelease.aspx?pressreleaseid=422546

Whoever designed that junction should be doing hard labour at Her Maj’s pleasure.

Every time some poor innocent soul dies there another life sentence should be added to their ongoing incarceration.

Instead of which no doubt the blackguard is living the life of Reilly following a golden handshake and an index linked pension that us bloody fools pay for every week.