M6 (6/11/15) today

Was just me or has the M6 south bound just been one big traffic jam from jct 26 to 20 then clear then jct13 to 8 ? Or is that normal for Friday ? [emoji49][emoji49][emoji49]

sounds a bit light to me to be honest but give it half an hour , many years ago if i wasn’t out of london [ river road in barking ] by 13.00 hrs i and fellow drivers would just park up as you worked hard but didn’t make progress while eating up driving hours , couple of pints in the volunteer with a meal ,bed and leave 4am sat am home in 4hours 15min,sorted

blue estate:
Was just me or has the M6 south bound just been one big traffic jam from jct 26 to 20 then clear then jct13 to 8 ? Or is that normal for Friday ? [emoji49][emoji49][emoji49]

It’s not normally that bad. I joined from the M62 at 0700 & it was slow then, one lane closed at the Lymm slip had them all in a tizzy, once passed it was clear.

As Billyhunt says, on the approach to J20 S/B, lane 1 has been closed just before the exit to Poplar services, closing the dedicated lane to the M56, with only 1 lane running on the sliproad at moment, this exit has congestion at rush hour normally, but with the lane closure and only 1 lane running it will be much worse. These roadworks are likely to be on for at least a week, maybe two, due to a major bridge parapet repair on the sliproad.

Normal congestion is from J26 to J21A (M62) then it eases until you’ve gone over Thelwall, where it starts again for J20A (M56) With the lane out, these two pieces of congestion will join up.

The congestion on the S/B M6 is horrendous, I had to take someone to the airport this morning from J28, and a 40 minute trip turned out to take 2½ hours.
As I suspected, the result of the lane being closed has joined up all the normal rush hour congestion into one big long tail-back, it was stop start from prior J27 right down to J20. I checked all the signage, and it was correct, with plenty warning of the lane closure, so there’s nothing that can be improved there. On my way back home at 10-30, the S/B was still VERY busy, but moving just a little better.
You guys may need to take this into consideration if you can.

hopefully not heading that way this week as I’m on a week secondment to a firm in Andover moving stock between warehouses on different side of the town very easy work I just drive warehouse monkeys do all the loading unloading :grimacing: