M50 closures

Hi all I do trunks from doni to Chepstow I hear the m50 is going to be shut during the night

I usually go m50-a449-a40-m4-m48 off a jun 2 in that way to avoid toll bridge

When the m50 is shut is there another way round to avoid bridge

Cheers guys

Only really Glos to Ross, not a pleasant route at the best of times, though some more out of the way scenic routes could be used if you want to experiment.

Bridge tolls for the period?, one minor mishap ducking and diving round the closure would pay for all tolls saved.

How tall is your wagon■■?..if your under 14ft 3 then shot down the A48 from Glos to Chepstow,we used to until the boss ordered a fleet of 14’6 curtainsiders so now we go over the bridge :open_mouth:

Juddian:
Only really Glos to Ross, not a pleasant route at the best of times, though some more out of the way scenic routes could be used if you want to experiment.

Bridge tolls for the period?, one minor mishap ducking and diving round the closure would pay for all tolls saved.

Juddian recommends Glos to Ross.
IMHO it would depend on which route. Glos to Ross via A40 is a no-no. Poor road with too many blind bends for someone who is a stranger to the area.
Glos to Ross via the B-road through Newent is not a bad idea. The road is faster & quicker, apart from a couple of short narrow sections and was used by the South Wales to London traffic as an alternative to the A48 before the opening of the Severn Bridge.
Alternatively, bite the bullet and pay the toll!

Come offWorcester head towards Hereford if you’re not in a rush

Hiya …any of the above routes are ok but a little slower than the M50.
remember the bridge is free back into England, go the slower route and back across the bridge
John

What about coming off the M5 at Worcester and coming through Malvern and Ledbury-Much Marcle to Ross on Wye.I suppose Malvern would be slow.

Bl**dy H*ll, Dave!!!
That’s OK if you’ve got a week to spare and a camper van to kip in!

IMO, i reckon coming off @jct 11-M5 and head towards the forest of dean.
You can either take the A48 towards lydney if your under 14-3, if not, head for the forest of dean and go through coleford past GSK and head towards lydney that way, get back on the 48 at lydney and itll take you straight to cheapshow.

I’d also favour the m5 j11 and follow the a40 & a48 back down.

I see the sign most days but keep forgetting to make a note of the dates. Is it a weekend closure?

washy jnr:
How tall is your wagon■■?..if your under 14ft 3 then shot down the A48 from Glos to Chepstow,we used to until the boss ordered a fleet of 14’6 curtainsiders so now we go over the bridge :open_mouth:

Height of trailer is 15" 10" decker how much is the tolls theses days

Closed 24-26 think it said

Toll is £18.10 you can pay be debit card.

And it’s FREE the other way! In by Northern route, out by easy route. Simples!

Dave the Renegade:
What about coming off the M5 at Worcester and coming through Malvern and Ledbury-Much Marcle to Ross on Wye.I suppose Malvern would be slow.

Ledbury is weight restricted - the town centre anyhow. I would do worc to herefs road, then the 49 to ross. Its by far the best road, but would add a bit of time.