M5 Worcs meltdowm

Says on website closed worcester ‘due to over running roadworks’

Eh ?

3 hours of delays I’m hearing.

I’m glad I’m on holiday at home eating a fry up

I stooopudly double posted this thread , due in part to a heavy ■■■■■■■■■ action .

I respectfully request a mod can combine them

Overhead signs on the N/B M5 past Bristol are advising traffic for Birmingham to use M4 Eastbound, then A34 North… :open_mouth:

Guess the A46 via Evesham is ■■■■■■ as well.

If its 3 hour delay as per highways agy presumably cant get to tewksbury .
Google maps only showing closed south worcs to north worcs junctions and at 14 min delay .
Highways site is red everywhere .

Dont know who to believe

Been through there. Everywhere is jammed up.

I heard that they were doing something with a bridge, and the low loader carrying the plant they needed never turned up.

M5 closed J5 up to J4, possibly further. NB. SB is wide open (apart from roadworks. Very little traffic though)

So which is the busiest day of the week on the roads? … Friday. And when is the quietest time?.. Saturday night.
And does anyone at Highways England possess a brain?.. NO.

Three hour delay my arse, my drivers sat there six hours with failed deliveries bringing loads back to the yard.
The whole area was a giant car and lorry park , it reopened at 16.30 but would take hours more to clear back logged traffic .
Worcester and Evesham gridlocked and so was alternate routes in the Cotswolds .
Any entrepreneurs would have a made a fortune selling fast food and drinks to stranded motorists .

toby1234abc:
Any entrepreneurs would have a made a fortune selling fast food and drinks to stranded motorists .

When did that become popular. See one at Henley’s Corner every time I go through it and I saw another one standing in the outside lane of a A406 near some traffic lights this week.

I heard on the grapevine that the crane they had on site to do the job wasn’t up to it, and they’d had to get a new one in, but the new one was of the type that needs to be assembled on-site.

birminghammail.co.uk/news/mi … l-10849364