M5 Southbound near Clevedon

That part of the motorway that is high up with the side railings to the right.
Do you think the barrier is not safe.Any vehicle could crash through it and land on the north bound traffic.
It does not seem high enough.
And at Strensham South bound, what is going on with the large craters and holes in the tarmac surface.
If you want to film a war zone film,go there.
Not a penny spent on making it safe.It will break the suspension if you go out at speed at night and hit a hole.
Has anyone claimed damages off them.Then they may repair it.
For the parking fees.Where is the money going.?

The barrier on the Gordano Valley split section, yes it does look dodgy but, to my knowledge, nothing has ever fallen over the edge, except once there a road worker fell and died. I think the Avonmouth Bridge on the northbound side is equally scary to contemplate. The barrier looks flimsy, especially for HGVs.

Cosmic:
The barrier on the Gordano Valley split section, yes it does look dodgy but, to my knowledge, nothing has ever fallen over the edge, except once there a road worker fell and died. I think the Avonmouth Bridge on the northbound side is equally scary to contemplate. The barrier looks flimsy, especially for HGVs.

you could say the same for any bridge or high stretch of road … what would you want a chain and clip system that holds you to the road :unamused:

Cosmic:

Yes that M5 bridge Northbound has a real flimsy set of railings but at least you’ll have a soft landing in either the river or sludge if the tides out.

when I go northbound over avonmouth bridge its always in second lane even if I am coming of at JCT18, I go over to left only once I am over brow of hill …its not a lot of barrier for a 200 foot drop

I was thinking if a driver collapsed at the wheel or a mechanical failure.It is a long way down on both the Avonmouth bridge and Gordano split.