M5 Southbound 107.7 marker "Museum."

Just out of interest, does anyone know how long the collection of vehicles have been a feature of the old blocked-off country lane 5 yards from the southbound carriageway of the M5 at the 107.7 mile marker post? I might try to identify them one at a time each day I go past.

I use them as a regular feature along that boring stretch of motorway, but they look as though they have been there since the road was built in the days when I was still at school. Maybe the new M5 blocked them in and they can’t ever escape. A transport museum on the M5!

Well, would you look at that. what is was supposed to say was this is useless without pictures :sunglasses:

Would these be the ones??

Think he means these:

Both links dont work, they show the zoomed in picture then zoom out and show the entire length of the M5

I had to fix mine, as it initially came out the same as Darby’s did (which missed due to some google function problem) My google-fu wins out in the end!

:slight_smile: thats better.

Is it the group with the bus in there?

allikat:
Think he means these:
Google Maps

Those are on the Northbound side, next to Langdons old yard.
OP said they are on the Southbound side, 5yds from the mway :question:

Be useful to have some sort of guide to look for like ‘between j20 & 21 South’ instead of ‘by mile marker ■■■’

In the picture of th northbound site you can make out the old Leyland Martian tow truck in the field.

redboxer850:

allikat:
Think he means these:
Google Maps

Those are on the Northbound side, next to Langdons old yard.
OP said they are on the Southbound side, 5yds from the mway :question:

Right at the bottom of that pic,(zoom in and scroll down slightly),is the ex army Leyand wrecker in white I mentioned at the botom of this page on the thread “Roadside wrecks”

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47141

I worked mine from the OP distance. Made a route that was just over 105 miles then went a bit futher south.

In case it still doesnt work, I tried to link to where the A38 (Bristol Road) crosses the M5, slightly below some services, slightly below Edingworth (not sure which), slightly lower than Weston-Super-Mare between Jct’s 21 and 22.

Two more points of reference are East Brent to the west of the M5 and Rooks Bridge to the east.

:laughing: yes I am bored, :laughing:

Yes that’s right Swedish Blue, it is the group which includes the bus.

From doing a google search, it seems that the marker posts might be in kilometres and not miles. So maybe 107.7 kms marker.

I can’t remember which junctions they’re between, but I’ll make a mental note next time I pass by if somebody else doesn’t beat me to it.

Hi all think you might be on about the Landroverman.com witch is in between Taunton and north petherton junctions.

I thought he was meaning the hippy trash just before a bridge, going south between 13 and Michealwood services, there’s alsorts of crap including a bus, parked very close to the carrigeway.

Tramper:
I thought he was meaning the hippy trash just before a bridge, going south between 13 and Michealwood services, there’s alsorts of crap including a bus, parked very close to the carrigeway.

I would agree tramper thats about 107.7 pass it every night except fri and sat oh and this sunday cuse I’f off :laughing: :laughing:

fo km markers always have been

Tramper:

Those are the ones. If you leant over the fence from the hard shoulder you could touch some of them.
They remind me of the Bond film “Live and Let Die” because of the delapidated bus, where J.B. drives under the low bridge and slices the top off with Solitaire hanging on for dear life…lol.

Anyway now we all know where they are, does anybody know how long they have been there rotting away?

THEY’VE ALL GONE!!!