M5 S/b closed Gloucs

Been closed all day apparentlly, it’s took me an hour to do 6 miles on A38, which is obviously chokker.
Anybody know what it’s about, …reckon somebody must have come a cropper…RTA investigation?

Lorry hit central barriers and spilled derv over carriageway. Road has to be resurfaced (just googled it)

gloucestershirelive.co.uk/n … ve-6884515

Passed the scene north bound an hour ago, resurfacing all lanes!!!

I rennet coming down m42 one night with mate following , signs m5 closed so I came off onto a38 , my stupid mate just carried on regardless , he’d got down to glouster & was back to donnington before I managed to get down to glouster , he said there was nothing , just sailed through .I just went nowhere on a38
The worst is when you’ve just been sent off motorway & you can see in mirror them taking away the cones , if only I’d stopped for that coffee / pee

Should be open for 6 am.?
Anybody heard?

robroy:
Anybody heard?

looking on google maps it looks all open now

elsa Lad:

robroy:
Anybody heard?

looking on google maps it looks all open now

Aye cheers bud, a mate has just been on and told me the same.

I had my break at glouster services. Left about 2 came off next junction followed a 38 took almost 2 hours to rejoin at j14 .
No other way you can go really.
Was tempted to come.off at m50 follow it down back over Severn crossing rejoin M5 at Bristol

And I wish I had done would of been quicker

Left Cornwall in the car this am and there was traffic reports on the radio about the closure. Past the affected area N/B about 2.00pm, resurfacing in progress and the queue must have been nearly 3 miles.

Tyneside

edd1974:
No other way you can go really.
Was tempted to come.off at m50 follow it down back over Severn crossing rejoin M5 at Bristol

And I wish I had done would of been quicker

It’s what I did. Cost me an hour on my normal travel time to Avonmouth for the run I was doing. Added 20 mile and queued for 20 mins at those lights just before the tunnels but I guessed the 38 would’ve been much worse.