M5 Northbound

Never had this before
Parked up in Gloucester services northbound for the night ( with many others )
Over heard a member of staff talking about Motorway being shut overnight so asked the question what’s the score he said
M5 shut for works between 2200hrs tonight until 0600 hrs tomorrow meaning we’re trapped in the services, no signage before entering the services or on the M5

Looks like I’m late for my delivery tomorrow morning
What a ■■■■ up

Wouldn’t worry about it mate sh happens.
The world wont end if you are late.
Just enjoy your extended rest period.

robroy:

Not to bothered just impacts what time I get home tomorrow and I did want to be home really but hey ho .
Must be honest never had it before stuck in services deffo no signs floating about either

The exit slip out of the services are closed overnight…

Stephenjp:
The exit slip out of the services are closed overnight…

Too late now stuck in here hopefully they open a tad earlier , never mind

Happy Trucker1:

robroy:

Not to bothered just impacts what time I get home tomorrow and I did want to be home really but hey ho .
Must be honest never had it before stuck in services deffo no signs floating about either

Yeah it’s crap if you want to be home I suppose mate.

Still, …at least you have given me another reason to put down on my …
‘Why I NEVER overnight on MSAs’’ list. :laughing:

robroy:

Happy Trucker1:

robroy:

Yeah it’s crap if you want to be home I suppose mate.

Still, …at least you have given me another reason to put down on my …
‘Why I NEVER overnight on MSAs’’ list. :laughing:

I do my best not to park in them aswell , but they who pay the wages prefer it if we do I’m afraid

Google maps…

Has the Swindon Gloucester road closed already.

Night just ■■■■■ now.

Hope you got a good night’s sleep there and the noise of the roadworks didn’t keep you awake.

edd1974:
Hope you got a good night’s sleep there and the noise of the roadworks didn’t keep you awake.

Funnily was so quiet , no trucks coming in and having a cuppa leaving engines ticking over etc
And motorway opened before 5am so all good , done my days work in good time and got home currently sat at home feet up watered & fed ( unfortunately watching love island ) now you see why I don’t mind nights out ha ha