M5 J25 Roadworks coming soon

as of monday we will start to replace the concrete surface of the roundabout/underpasses for the M5 junction 25, Taunton.

most of the work will be done saturday night to monday morning, for the next 6 weeks.

complete closure of the off and on sliproads for the whole of sunday, for the next 6 weeks.

taken from somerset council website:

EToN 4: Major
Work Commencing 12/09/2011
Estimated Completion 23/10/2011
Site Location Blackbrook Interchange (M5 Jct 25)
BLACKBROOK INTERCHANGE
TAUNTON
Description Evening/Out of Hours surfacing/reconstruction works on the carriageway. Half sections of Roundabout to receive Major reconstruction using 36 Hr Closures 1900 hrs Saturdays to 0700 Mondays (and associated Temp lights/two way traffic on open section) between the dates stated. Associated M5 On/Off slips to be closed.
Traffic Management Traffic Control (Two-Way Signals)

when i hear about suggested diversion routes i’ll let you’s lot know.

best of luck and you have been warned.

6 weeks :open_mouth: :laughing:
How did the surface get worn down :confused: no-one goes to Taunton :unamused:

the concrete is falling apart.

not many people want to go there but the ones that are already there like to amuse their simple little minds by tearing round the roundabout because they can.

have you tried that new stuff called tarmac? could lay it in 3 hours

Thanks for info. Very helpful as I only live a little way up the road.

I would think diversions will be off at J24 or 26 and south or north on A38

concrete coming out saturday nights, kerbs going in sunday mornings and asphalt going down sunday evenings.

well, that’s the plan!

That should be fun,one of our farms has it’s entrance 100 yards off the roundabout heading down the A358…and it clears it 2 weeks time,will have to let the lads know :wink:

well, that was the first weekend and all went pretty much to plan.

traffic was very very slow during the day, i had to go out and taunton was at a standstill. best avoid the area for the next 5 weekends.

had about a dozen drive through the ‘WORKS ACCESS’ areas and join us. bloody stupid impatient car drivers.

but, all in all went well, bring on next weekend.