M5 Heads UP 13-14 Sept

Advance Warning - M5 both ways closed due to roadworks between J20 B3133 (Clevedon) and J21 A370 / B3440 (Weston-Super-Mare).

From 13 September 2014 - 14 September 2014

From 20:00 on the 13th to 6:00 on 14th September.

I have to say PI55 poor signage at both northbound and southbound locations to which I have complained about.
1 board at each location on the slip roads , the northbound one is part hidden behind the A370 sign and with the night works over the last week on the NB jn 21 the sign is also lost amongst other signs …

So From Saturday night at 20:00 both north an south will be shut between junctions 20 and 21 .

I would think that the diversion south will take you off at 18 south follow the A4 into Bristol then pick up the A38 south which will take you past the airport through Churchill then bring you back on at jn 22 Highbridge / northbound will be the reverse both routes are good for DD.
Allow extra time for your journey approx. 30 + mins. There are very few and limited laybys to park for rest breaks so plan your breaks well that night …
And just to add the A370 through Long Ashton is closed to HGV’s due to roadwork’s Too :unamused:

Just spoke to Highways and they are looking into the inadequate advanced signage

It’s daft closing that part of the motorway if the A370 is still closed as that would be the best way to go, poor planning I think.

bald bloke:
It’s daft closing that part of the motorway if the A370 is still closed as that would be the best way to go, poor planning I think.

A370 has 23weeks worth of works planned :unamused:

BUMP JUST TO REMIND EVERYONE

M5 NORTH AND SOUTHBOUND CLOSED TONIGHT FROM
20:00 SATURDAY 13th TO 06:00 SUNDAY 14th

Have fun :imp:

Thanks Nick, might find myself on that route tonight :smiley:

OVERTIME

trubster:

OVERTIME

Its a bytch I gotta 22:00 start for Plymouth… the worst bit is if its not opened early like they normally do I have the flippin diversion on the way back too …

You and be sure that as soon as I come off on the way back within 10 mins they’ll open the northbound section :imp:

nick2008:

trubster:

OVERTIME

Its a bytch I gotta 22:00 start for Plymouth… the worst bit is if its not opened early like they normally do I have the flippin diversion on the way back too …

You and be sure that as soon as I come off on the way back within 10 mins they’ll open the northbound section :imp:

Take it through Yatton there’ll be no old bill about . :wink:

bald bloke:

nick2008:

trubster:

OVERTIME

Take it through Yatton there’ll be no old bill about . :wink:

yeah rite :unamused: might have to have an extra half hour on the bunk on the way back :wink: