M5 closure

Anybody else sat in all this ■■■■?
Very sad somebody has lost their life, but without sounding a bit crass, does it really take this long to re.open a road?
I sat on Strensham for 2 hours before they started charging, and an hour later I am about 10 miles further on.

7am afaik it happened, 6 and a half hours later and counting still closed.

Anybody heard what time it could re.open?

Where is it closed mate?
I’m about to set off will be heading south for droitwich

idrive:
Where is it closed mate?

Tewkesbury…so you’ll be ok.

idrive:
Where is it closed mate?

Around the Cheltenham area but only Southbound shut.

Took a50 then over bridge as most did !!!

Ah cheers, good luck

Sounds like the poor bloke may have laid dead there all night …bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-g … e-49275622

bald bloke:
Sounds like the poor bloke may have laid dead there all night …bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-g … e-49275622

Yep poor sod…and here’s me moaning about waiting. :blush:

4 hours and counting,…pleased I’m on hourly rate.

All open now if anybody is on way down here.

yep, sad news for all affected. but if the car was down the embankment why close all lane’s?. just close the hard shoulder and lane 1…

m.a.n rules:
yep, sad news for all affected. but if the car was down the embankment why close all lane’s?. just close the hard shoulder and lane 1…

Because if on further investigation you find evidence of a collision, or even a deliberate act by a 3rd party it’s a bit late to say “there’s a crime scene a mile back up the road which we’ve now allowed several thousand vehicles to drive through”…

Yes, it is annoying and yes, if drivers were routinely using their expensive Satnavs they’d probably have avoided the problem altogether rather than finding themselves sat in a queue thinking of all the alternative routes they know…

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

robroy:

bald bloke:

Yep poor sod…and here’s me moaning about waiting. :blush:

4 hours and counting,…pleased I’m on hourly rate.

Sad to hear your delayed again but there is always the bright side extra funds

no, I disagree in this case as the car was discovered 6 hours after it disappeared off the radar so any evidence back up the road was destroyed anyway…

m.a.n rules:
no, I disagree in this case as the car was discovered 6 hours after it disappeared off the radar so any evidence back up the road was destroyed anyway…

Easy enough to say after the event - but how do you know how long it’s been there until you’ve done all the scene investigation and medical stuff?

just read the report above. i’m only talking about this incident…

m.a.n rules:
just read the report above. i’m only talking about this incident…

So am I. Several hours after the car was first found, it’s easy to say “we believe it joined the Motorway some hours earlier” once they’ve identified the vehicle, checked with friends and family to get details of departure etc, got a doctor to examine the body and estimate time of death, confirmed its identity, examined the vehicle for signs of collision or tampering, checked Motorway and service area CCTV, spoken to witnesses, searched the scene for other victims and/or evidence of what happened. You only get one shot at this and, unlike most other potential scenes, you can’t even ask the victim “what happened?”

But when the first officers arrived at scene, how much of this did they know? They know they have a car and what appears to be a dead body - identity as yet not known. They know nothing of the circumstances that led to them being there.

you, like the police are just over complicating the situation,if you define the report they would have had a lot of the information (technology) within 30 minutes of arriving on scene,i.e reg no, owmer, etc,etc I stand by what I posted thanks for your input , and good night…

m.a.n rules:
you, like the police are just over complicating the situation,if you define the report they would have had a lot of the information (technology) within 30 minutes of arriving on scene,i.e reg no, owmer, etc,etc I stand by what I posted thanks for your input , and good night…

What does “If you define the report” mean?

Yes, you have a number plate. Is it the right one? Is the apparently dead body inside it the registered keeper? Are you sure of both of those apparent facts? You can’t ask him because well - he’s actually dead…

How did he die? Was it a result of the crash - or was he dead before the car left the Motorway? If the latter, was it a “natural” (albeit unexpected) death or was there foul play? Again, you can’t ask him because he’s dead.

Was there anyone else in the car at the time? How do you know? Where are they now? What evidence of their presence/identity remains? Oh - you just let everyone and his dog drive through the scene didn’t you, so that’s all gone out the window.

There’s a metric ■■■■■■■■ of stuff to be gone through before you even consider re-opening the carriageway.