M5 closed

Two people died and a third person was seriously hurt in an accident involving at least four vehicles on the M5.

It happened at about 01:00 BST between junction 8 southbound for the M50 and junction 9 for Tewkesbury.

Police and paramedics attended. Two people were pronounced dead at the scene.

The M5 is closed between J8 and J9 southbound, and officers are advising motorists to avoid the area.

A diversion has been put in place to exit the M5 at Junction 8 and follow signs via the A417 and A40.

Police had earlier said that three people were dead, but later corrected this information.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35481541

Just came northbound past this, screens up and accident investigators taking pictures, wreckers on the way but gonna be a few hours before open again I reckon.
A very sad loss of life.

Affected me this as delivering around Bristol today. The diversion route has you going down to junction 2 of the M50 then found down the A417 to Gloucester and then picking the A40 up however idiots and plenty of them were coming off at Junction 1 and going through Tewkesbury and just sat there in the tailback :unamused:
Sadly 3 people have died in the one car a Merc which by the sounds of news reports has collided with a truck that had stopped after 2 other cars colided at around 01:00 this morning. Another car also colided with the truck and the Merc but all the fatalities were from the one car, 2 pronounced dead at the scene and 1 later dying in hospital after receiving extensive trauma care at the scene.

I came off at J1 went through Tewkesbury, no problem.

the police are still looking for a mg rover that left the scene.

I got caught up in this as well but I did a divert as my boss had came north bound just min after it happened & another driver followed not long after said it was bad & chaos there

I was heading to Swindon & Avonmouth so was 1 of our other drivers but he also diverted onto the A40/A46 not too many problems

2 car crash first , Samworth stopped to help and protect the scene, merc hit the trailer and another car hit the debris, driver from the first crash legged it

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk