M48

Never been over that bridge and might give it a go tomorrow, two questions - is it FREE coming back to England? And can I take an artic over it? Ta.

Yes bud. Only cost money to get into Wales, God only knows why.

Sent using smoke and mirrors.

Yes and yes

Yes and yes, it’s a nice quiet stretch of motorway now so enjoy it, the bridge was 50 yrs old last month .

Cheers. A48 in then, and M48 back. :slight_smile:

bald bloke:
Yes and yes, it’s a nice quiet stretch of motorway now so enjoy it, the bridge was 50 yrs old last month .

I was watching the programme the other night.

does any remember the lowest bridge height on the a48, done it before, but know it was close to my limit?

They might take you off the motorway at Chepstow around half the roundabout and back down the slip road and back on the motorway it’s to slow traffic down as there’s maintenance work Eastbound side .

Tris:
does any remember the lowest bridge height on the a48, done it before, but know it was close to my limit?

14’ 3". Edit I think it is .

PaulNowak:

Cant understand it mesen even, I mean who in their right mind would want to pay to go there … :wink:

I must admit that if I get offered a choice of runs (which does happen occasionally) I’ll always check what the backload might be. If it’s a run back empty, fair play, if there’s a collection the following morning out of Princes or something, no thanks. Don’t want to spend the night in Wales.

And before anyone starts kicking off, I feel exactly the same if I get a Scotch run.

raymundo:

PaulNowak:

Cant understand it mesen even, I mean who in their right mind would want to pay to go there … :wink:

I don’t mind the taffs, the bitter miserable Jocks & ignorant Yorkshire inbreds are far worse. :smiling_imp:

I used to work in Wales in a previous life.

One week when we were done, I spotted one of my staff parked in a layby, but he was outside his car on the ground.

Guy lived in Workington, so if his car was knackered, I’d have done something to help him.

Gave him a call

“What’s up Neil?”

“F all”

“But you’ve got a long drive, so was shocked to see you parked up so early”

“Mate, I’m back in civilisation, and I needed to kiss the first bit of English soil I saw”

And as for Scotland, I went into a certain town one night, got a few quid out of the cash machine, and went off in search of food.

Woke up in a hospital, on a drip, having been beaten to a pulp.

Kept in for observation for 24 hours.

Thought the town was a bit quiet, and when I spoke to the coppers that came to me for a statement, it is a quiet town, because the locals know that once it goes dark, the only inhabitants on the streets are the smackheads.

Don’t mind doing drops up in Scotland, but I’ll always lay it on a bit thick about my driving time, unless I’m absolutely sure I can make it back down to Carlisle at least

14 3" on the A48…

Mind yerself at Blakeney, it’s steep, blind and tight.

Not so tight it can’t be done but tight enough to think about it if another artic is coming up the hill.

even more fun if it’s wet

Used to run deckers into asda Chepstow (3 pallets on the swan neck lol) then out of there and over the bridge at 16’2 most nights and back up the m5.

nice beach just before the bridge ,Junction 1 ,a403 , avonmouth, bring your trunks ■■ you know it makes sense

I never minded Wales; Liverpool and Glasgow were the two places I wanted out of ASAP.

Tris:

raymundo:

PaulNowak:

I don’t mind the taffs, the bitter miserable Jocks & ignorant Yorkshire inbreds are far worse. :smiling_imp:

Woah woah woah don’t tarnish all us Yorkshire folk with the same brush!!! I mean, I can easily count on 1 hand the 7 times I’ve slept with a relative!!!

Castillidie:

Tris:

raymundo:

PaulNowak:

Woah woah woah don’t tarnish all us Yorkshire folk with the same brush!!! I mean, I can easily count on 1 hand the 7 times I’ve slept with a relative!!!

You from Norfolk then?