M42 speed camera south j4-j5

Hello,

On my way back from palletways tonight i seem to have bee had on the m42 speed camera, Didnt slow down quick enough into the 40zones, Bit peed of as a stobart truck in from who didnt slow down didnt get tagged,
Surly this aint fair?
I drive the m42 every night and i know the ups and downs, I guess i just slowed up a little too late . .
Has anyone else been flashed here? did you get a ticket?
Another thing, Does anyone know anything about the speed awareness courses rather than points?

Cheers All

How many times did it flash…once or twice…■■?

If once = Forget about it

If twice = oooohhh bugger

If they are the ones…in that traffic control stretch…Most of the time i’ve noticed they only go off once…if they go off at all

Personally ain’t been caught yet…so can’t advise otherwise…but feel consoled though…that many…many…HGV drivers haven’t got clean licenses…

Hopefully nothing will come of it…but learn your lesson…always slow down for motorway works…it’s amazing how that lone wondering worker suddenly appear …as your staring much further down…at the main pack…with the flashing lights

Good luck anyhow

If your done in the truck you wont get the speed awareness courses for low end speeders as far as i am awhere it’ll be points and the fine
They take the view that you should know better

Or you could fail to respond to the letter then when the follow up letter arrives call them up & say you didn’t receive the 1st letter, by that time the 2 week time limit is up for notifying you of the intention to prosecute, they then cannot prosecute, don’t ask me how I know this, but I know it has worked in the past :open_mouth:

Blackrandomapple:
Hello,

On my way back from palletways tonight i seem to have bee had on the m42 speed camera, Didnt slow down quick enough into the 40zones, Bit peed of as a stobart truck in from who didnt slow down didnt get tagged,
Surly this aint fair?
I drive the m42 every night and i know the ups and downs, I guess i just slowed up a little too late . .
Another thing, Does anyone know anything about the speed awareness courses rather than points?

Cheers All

I understood from friends locally that a speed awareness course was only offered as an alternative to fines,and more importantly,points,if it was the first time you had been nicked.
However,my son was done AGAIN for speeding and was surprised to be offered a speed awareness course.The first location and date offered were not really convenient,so rang up and was offered a time and place more convenient!
Finished up going to the garden centre outside Rugely,spent an hour listening to a couple of guys,(Who said they had points also!), talking for an hour,no driving involved,no exam,nothing!.
The cost was £60, and make your own way there and back.
More importantly,NO POINTS!
In short,a speed awareness course appears only to be OFFERED in certain areas and you cannot apply as an alternative.

i woudnt be unduly worried mate, i,d be very surprised if you get you done :wink:

bestbooties:

Blackrandomapple:
Hello,

Surly this aint fair?

Cheers All

I understood from friends locally that a speed awareness course was only offered as an alternative to fines,and more importantly,points,if it was the first time you had been nicked.
However,my son was done AGAIN for speeding and was surprised to be offered a speed awareness course.The first location and date offered were not really convenient,so rang up and was offered a time and place more convenient!
Finished up going to the garden centre outside Rugely,spent an hour listening to a couple of guys,(Who said they had points also!), talking for an hour,no driving involved,no exam,nothing!.
The cost was £60, and make your own way there and back.
More importantly,NO POINTS!
In short,a speed awareness course appears only to be OFFERED in certain areas and you cannot apply as an alternative.

The Speed Awareness Course must vary then. My mate was done up in Yorkshire but lives near me in Derby. He was offered a course and he took it tosave the points. He tried to get one closer to home but they said if you cant do this one you must go to court and take the points.

He went on the course and told me it was about 4 hours of boring ■■■■■ talking, showing them films and pictures of accidents. He said next time he will ask for points :stuck_out_tongue:

newmercman:
when the follow up letter arrives call them up & say you didn’t receive the 1st letter

It’s up to you to prove the RK didn’t receive the NIP within 14 days which is the difficult bit :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
The Speed Awareness Course must vary then. My mate was done up in Yorkshire but lives near me in Derby. He was offered a course and he took it tosave the points. He tried to get one closer to home but they said if you cant do this one you must go to court and take the points.

He went on the course and told me it was about 4 hours of boring ■■■■■ talking, showing them films and pictures of accidents. He said next time he will ask for points :stuck_out_tongue:

There are regional variations and it is usually offered to minor speed offenders in my area for car and motorcycle drivers/riders - it is not offered to drivers of large vehicles as it is deemed that they should know better being professional drivers.

ROG:

Wheel Nut:

There are regional variations and it is usually offered to minor speed offenders in my area for car and motorcycle drivers/riders - it is not offered to drivers of large vehicles as it is deemed that they should know better being professional drivers.

Regarding those courses I was under them impression you could not change the location/time for your convenience as they are doing you a favour by offering you the course as apposed to points, and that you had to attend THAT course or have the points. One of my mates wanted to change the date/time but he couldn’t so he had to take unpaid time off work and travel to Northampton from Spalding!!!

EDIT: Sorry ROG I didnt read your post correctly you just answered the question. :laughing:

The M42 traffic system has never worked from the day it was opened.Thats why it has cones all over it every night. I wouldn’t worry.

paul@midway:
The M42 traffic system has never worked from the day it was opened.Thats why it has cones all over it every night. I wouldn’t worry.

It works perfectly - they use it every night to close half the motorway so they can brasso the manhole covers and touch up the white lines. I wouldn’t mind, but the surface just before the M40 split is worse than a farm track - if they’re going to do work, how about that bit?

The speed awareness course is offered to drivers for HGV offences. One of ours went on the course, to avoid the points on his licence.

on tuesday mornign bout 4-30 am some signs were on 20mph!!! and the signs were saying the lanes to the m40 were closed and they was workforce in the road!!! where■■? the northbound sections were also on 40mph, and i only saw 2 vans on that side at the end of the so called works…
but 20mph!!! why?? and why was the m40 lanes marked as closed and no other info to say you could use the m40 on the gantrys?? any person not knowing that area could have caused an accident … bloody highways workers

If one of our lads got a speeding ticket sent to the office, requesting the details of the driver then we put down the details of the lads with the adresses in the Republic of Ireland. Never heard of those tickets ever again. Too much agro for the County Mounties to follow up on…

Worked loads of times…

Soz for late reply on thread, I have read every last post and thanks for replying all,
Ive been told by many not to worry about it too much, But on the other hand there is no way of telling wether or not im gunna get a ticket, so im gunna forget about it, and if i get a ticket then so be it, I have a great boss so he aint gunna mind too much,
Its jus anoys me, ive only had my class 1 about 6 months, and i do abide by all speed limits best i can, but they always seem to catch you when you really didnt intend it to happen,
Oh well never mind, Im off to canada in a few weeks, A good chance to forget about silly english laws and roads!!!

Cheers all, I will post up if i get a ticket :smiley::D:D:D

Blackrandomapple:
Its jus anoys me, ive only had my class 1 about 6 months, and i do abide by all speed limits best i can, but they always seem to catch you when you really didnt intend it to happen,

There but for the grace of God go a good many of us.
It’s been mentioned on the BB before that none of us go out in a morning intending to collect fines or points but it’s all too easy to get caught out.

I went under one of those cameras where the speed was set at 60, no worries though my truck will only do 55… :stuck_out_tongue:

Smee:
I went under one of those cameras where the speed was set at 60, no worries though my truck will only do 55… :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol, i wonder if they will follow that up?? You can make em look real dumb asses

Heard nothing yet, would be funny though… :sunglasses: :laughing: