M42 j3-3a

Anyone know if it is closed overnight, got caught out last week with that ridiculously long diversion

cheers

Give up with the bloody roads round WM…if it ain’t the M6 sb, it’s the M40! I went M5 sb to A417/419 and joined the M4 at j15 and down to j11…and to my amazement, gate to gate is exactly the same amount of time/km’s compared to M6 j11-42-40-34-4-j11

trafficengland.co.uk/disruptions.aspx#ds
The M42 northbound will be closed between junctions J3 and J3A due to roadworks, between 9 pm and 6 am, from 24 March 2014 to 30 March 2014.

Cheers.
will go m5/m6

Really knackers up my refueling, we only have Shell cards, so taking Hopwood out of the equation screws me over if I’m heading southeast.

I’m up that way tomorrow morning so I’m having a lie in bed, leave the mill at 5 instead of 4 and it should be open when I get there. (In theory)

What’s the quickest way to get on the M40 if I can’t join it from the M42. Got to go into Marlow for 6, tip and reload for a drop on The Strand. Can’t be buggering about too much, as I’m going to be tight enough on driving hours as it is.

Cheers in advance of any tips

Paul

For the M42 NB - off at 3 - take A365 towards Warwick - at the roundabout turn left - then at the lights turn left again. This brings you back to the M40 heading back to the M42. Saves about 20 minutes off the normal detour. No bridges - 16ft double decker no problem!

gardun:
For the M42 NB - off at 3 - take A365 towards Warwick - at the roundabout turn left - then at the lights turn left again. This brings you back to the M40 heading back to the M42. Saves about 20 minutes off the normal detour. No bridges - 16ft double decker no problem!

Cheers bud, is there anything quicker if I come S/B down the M42?

Bump

PaulNowak:

gardun:

Wasn’t it nice of ‘them’ to close the M6 sb from 4-3 this week! To get to the M40 from M6, I leave the 42 at j6, A45 towards Coventry then keep left for A452, 3rd exit off the roundabout onto A452 and keep going…take the tight’ish right onto A4177 and again, keep going…brings you out on A46 two minutes from j15 M40. Takes just over 20 minutes from M42-M40 (unless you drive for UKMail, they do it in about 15!) and no height issues. Going A45-A46 takes near on 30 mins. Good news concerning roads though… The A34 nb was supposed to be shut this week at Botley, the signs have been up for weeks…but it wasn’t closed…when they gonna spring that one upon us with no warning?

Actrosman:

PaulNowak:

gardun:

Wasn’t it nice of ‘them’ to close the M6 sb from 4-3 this week! To get to the M40 from M6, I leave the 42 at j6, A45 towards Coventry then keep left for A452, 3rd exit off the roundabout onto A452 and keep going…take the tight’ish right onto A4177 and again, keep going…brings you out on A46 two minutes from j15 M40. Takes just over 20 minutes from M42-M40 (unless you drive for UKMail, they do it in about 15!) and no height issues. Going A45-A46 takes near on 30 mins. Good news concerning roads though… The A34 nb was supposed to be shut this week at Botley, the signs have been up for weeks…but it wasn’t closed…when they gonna spring that one upon us with no warning?

I missed the L/H exit for the 452, so ended up doing the 45/46 route, only got to Marlow in 8 mins more than it usually takes me, and the included the M6 J16 S/B slip being closed so I had to go down the A500 to J15, so I don’t reckon that’s all that bad.

Cheers for your help though.