M42 collision J3a, 54 people injured

Looks like the coach slammed into the back of the lorry by the sounds of it. Will more than likely be blamed on the Trucker. :S

Hope all involved make a speedy recovery

Saw the coach been towed away from this accident and there was nothing left of the front of it. I would say that the driver was very lucky to walk away with his life from it.

yes the trucker will be guilty of an offence. he went to work. as soon as a jury in court hear from the prosecution that mr x is a truck driver with unblemished driving career he is guilty straight away, every body hates us dirty rotten lot. Society dont relise truck drivers are the backbone of the econmy.

taken to Warwick svs to be looked at
whats wrong with the hospital in Redditch

I’ve live locally to that junction and it’s not surprising… The inside lane, southbound on the junction, allows you to continue on the M42. However, the middle lane can also be used. However, most motorists are not aware of this, they overtake you, ‘bottle’ at the last minute and swerve in front of you and brake hard. I guess they’re slowing down for the bend - the bend can be taken quite safely at 56mph fully freighted.

Also, just around and still on the bend, is the first of the variable speed limit gantries. In my opinion it’s poorly sited and should be situated at least a mile prior to the junction.

It wouldn’t be of any surprise that some knob of a motorist has swerved in front of the truck, braked hard because of the bend and the variable speed limit, resulting in the truck anchoring up and the coach rear-ending him. The unfortunate part is that the motorist gets away scot-free!

hitch:
taken to Warwick svs to be looked at
whats wrong with the hospital in Redditch

I think I’d prefer to be treated at Warwick Services than the Alexandra Hospital in Redditch… For any condition! I lived in Redditch for 18 years and it’s one of the least salubrious places to visit. And… It’s the Home Secretary’s (Jackie Smith) constituency and my ex-wife still lives there, need I say more?

I heard last week on the news that the hospital had closed nine wards, can’t remember why. Besides, the A&E there was probably at over capacity with the local delinquents (and there’s a lot of them)!