M42 closed all week

Just heads up M42 is closed j 9 - j 10 untill 9pm 31st Dec

Diversion yesterday was easy and only added 10 mins on the trip. You do have plenty of options to miss junctions 9-10

Out of interest, which route does the diversion take?

The signed diversion if you going north is the A446 to Bassetts pole then the A453 to Tamworth. I went A446 then A4091 to Tamworth, think it added about 15mins to journey on Sunday afternoon.

I was just looking at the A4091. I’ll keep it in mind this week. Cheers.

Looking at google maps traffic, they are queuing quite badly up to bassetts polle the A4091 seems ok

elsa Lad:
Looking at google maps traffic, they are queuing quite badly up to bassetts polle the A4091 seems ok

yep 4091 down past drayton manor to island in fazeley t/r up to lights s/o up to island t/l up to 2nd island t/r a5 by pass m42 j 10 1 mile…hth.

p.s i live in tamworth… :wink:

Anybody know why it’s closed?

ezydriver:

They are putting another HS2 bridge into position

chaversdad:

ezydriver:

Actually they were there doing nothing all week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSMRookie:

chaversdad:

ezydriver:

Actually they were there doing nothing all week

That’s why they posted a picture on Facebook of the motorway dug up completely down to the soil. They may have been waiting for some materials to go off. When they were doing the bypass at Appleby on the A66 there was a fortnight where they weren’t doing anything because they were waiting for the waterproofing coating they’d put on the bridges to cure.