M40 Oxford

Anybody there at around 04.00H today and see the recovery vehicle come screaming past at a ridiculous speed :imp:

Apparently not.

They are not limited and are classed as a private vehicle so whats your bloody problem
He probably had no mot either.

If there is some numpty sat in the middle lane because he has a buggerd red line its better to get there at 110 clicks than 85 dont ya think.

Did you report him to the plod?
Wouldnt suprise me.

Bking:
They are not limited and are classed as a private vehicle so whats your bloody problem

If there is some numpty sat in the middle lane because he has a buggerd red line its better to get there at 110 clicks than 85 dont ya think.

Wouldnt suprise me.

I dont really have a problem but the wife/mother/father/son/uncle/aunty might have when he runs into the back of them and kills them. Driving at speed is one thing but driving at speed when it would appear the driver was tired is quite another.

How can you say that a recovery vehicle is not speed limited? Even if they are not limited, the speed at which it was going was in excess of the legal speed limit which therefore makes it illegal.

But yes, you are correct in that he probably did not have an MOT because the type of vehicle which came past me is classed as recovery (not private as you have incorrectly stated) and is MOT exempt.

And no, I did not report him to the police because it was going too fast.

Capiche?

Someone else who doesn’t like being overtaken.

Dieseldog66:
Someone else who doesn’t like being overtaken.

Who’s that?

Lusk:

Bking:

Wouldnt suprise me.

I dont really have a problem but the wife/mother/father/son/uncle/aunty might have when he runs into the back of them and kills them. Driving at speed is one thing but driving at speed when it would appear the driver was tired is quite another.

How can you say that a recovery vehicle is not speed limited? Even if they are not limited, the speed at which it was going was in excess of the legal speed limit which therefore makes it illegal.

But yes, you are correct in that he probably did not have an MOT because the type of vehicle which came past me is classed as recovery (not private as you have incorrectly stated) and is MOT exempt.

And no, I did not report him to the police because it was going too fast.

Capiche?

Chances of hitting the back of someone at 4am? Unlikely

Tired? Unikely

Not a suitable speed? Yes but get over it and move on

Ah well it all evens out could have been the mother,daughter aunty uncle son who needed the wrecker to lift the trailer off their car just before they bled to death but unfortunately he stuck to the speed limit and they DIED.

Thank you for your comments.