M40 North fubar at Banbury

RIP.

My mates just been stuck in it for three hours! :imp: RIP!

Im guessing that’s the result of the crash that happened on the motorway this morning? Another driver going about his daily work killed in a crash… RIP driver.

went past it bout 9 shocking

Rip thoughts are with family’s

went past southbound.

Thoughts with families of those injured in cars and trucks.

Edited due to not checking facts first.

Been a crap morning on the M40 today, hope the drivers are ok

tinyurl.com/kuyvpgh

Got stuck 1/4 mile behind it for 3 hours this morning around 5AM. Two lanes were still shut when I came back past it at 1PM. I think it’s still shut now.

When I went past it in the morning I only saw a scania with cosmetic damage and two cars in lanes 2 and 3. It was only when I came back the other way later that I saw the real reason the road has been shut all day. Chilling sight.

Edit - just read the link above and it looks like what I saw on the way back was the 2nd collision in the queue from the first collision. Says serious life threatening injuries to the lorry driver, but no mention of fatalities fortunately. Saw the air ambulance land for that. Hope the driver pulls through. If you saw the thickness of the cab you would have assumed no one could have survived it.

Still long delays there at 1600 according to the signs, I came off and went up the A43 to the M1 to get round. Must have been bad if it was going on that long.

Ched:
Got stuck 1/4 mile behind it for 3 hours this morning around 5AM. Two lanes were still shut when I came back past it at 1PM. I think it’s still shut now.

When I went past it in the morning I only saw a scania with cosmetic damage and two cars in lanes 2 and 3. It was only when I came back the other way later that I saw the real reason the road has been shut all day. Chilling sight.

Edit - just read the link above and it looks like what I saw on the way back was the 2nd collision in the queue from the first collision. Says serious life threatening injuries to the lorry driver, but no mention of fatalities fortunately. Saw the air ambulance land for that. Hope the driver pulls through. If you saw the thickness of the cab you would have assumed no one could have survived it.

I must have been just in front of you,I was about 5 lorries from the first accident,pulled up at 0441 and started moving again at 0750,I didn’t realise about the second accident until I was heading back past about 1400 and they were dragging the unit from under the trailer,what a bloody mess

That’s a badd’un. Maybe the fitting of an Active Brake Assist system of some type will become a mandatory fit one day to stop incidents like this from happening

image.jpg

Worst I’d seen ever. Scania man must have been gone.

Silver_Surfer:
Worst I’d seen ever. Scania man must have been gone.

When I went past it was still close / embedded in the trailer of the unit in front.

The passenger side took the brunt of the collision by the looks of it on the road.

Looking at that pic it’s up there with the one that happend on the A1 near Pontefract which was on traffic cops a bit back similar to this where an accident occurred on the other side of the moterway (truck had jacknifed) and a truck had smashed into the back of another in standing traffic at 50 mph head on and parts of the engine and gearbox were strewn all over the motorway. His cab was crushed into his trailer and I do hope for this driver as the other they died stright on impact and didnt have to suffer. Very sad. :frowning:

Jesus that is horrific, my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.