M40 new services

popped in yesterday for a 15 minute break.
its just off the m40, at beaconsfield, its 1 of the first group.
i know alot are not lovers of motorway services, but as they go, this is prob as good as it gets, moto, welcome break, and co, could take a leaf ouf of firsts book.
its big, well layed out, good parking, prob room for about 60 trucks, and guessing with its proximity too the 25, it will be busy.
has a starbucks, maccy d’s, kfc, a restaraunt, coule of cafe type laces, a shop, and an m and s sho, due too open soon.
think i spotted 2 showers, but don’t know if they have basins in them for shaving, or if we still have too do it, whilst jo bloggs takes a ■■■■■ behind you.

the garage is shell, and its big.

extraservices.co.uk/location_beaconsfield.html

and they are building a new service area on the M25 J9/10 opening 2010 sometime

ex muppet:
http://extraservices.co.uk/location_beaconsfield.html

and they are building a new service area on the M25 J9/10 opening 2010 sometime

the extra services at baldock, a14 cambridge and a1 peterborough are all good i’ve found.

also new one (extra) a38 derby, looked clean ect when i visted!!!

can vouch for baldock it one of the better msa’s

usually stop there for a shower on my way back to our depot in biggelswade

What’s the overnight parking cost at these?

Driveroneuk:

£100, but you get a free sandwich & small capacino with this. :laughing: :smiling_imp:

(In case you didnt realize, the previous statement is a complete fabrication from my imagination!) :stuck_out_tongue:

Driveroneuk:

says £15 here
extraservices.co.uk/trucks.html

Cullompton is ok, clean and tidy, just a pity it’s between the m-way and the railway line :wink:

Had been there today. There is new service -trucks parking - about 60 spaces

there got KFC, McDonald, Mark & Spencer and restaurant (not bad price) £4.65 - £8.00 for hot foods.

Parking price - Free - 2 hrs. over 2 hrs to 24 hours - £15 (pay machine in truck parking area)

Hotel - ETAP (£35 per night!)

massive car park! :open_mouth:

I stopped at the Derby services off the A38/A50 and i was impressed. Nice and clean, not the biggest lorry park in the world (about the same size as the coach park! :confused: ) But overall not the worst place to stop for a break. All the lorry parks that i have stopped in, run by this particular company, require vehicles to reverse into the bays and i havent seen any that you can drive into.