M40 J9 works

May affect many of you travelling between the south and midlands!
many overnight closures of slip roads as well as parts of the juction oh as well as the usual 40 limit with no one around
http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/3735.aspx

note for diversions advertised and short-cuts/cut throughs!
regulars will see and i will post when i can dates of future closures!
(8/8) + (9/9) N/bound exit — use J8/J8a along A40 to oxford follow signs to Cheltenham the A44 Woodstock arrive at ‘Peartree’ junction with A34 (about 18 miles from Junc8 to junc9) NB A40 resurfacing works, single lane, speed 40, Westbound upto 10weeks) — if turning at J10, the B430 is an option but it’ll take longer!

N/bound access — just use the B430 or use the B4100 via Bicester town (straight route through town) or A44/A40

s/bound exit — either the B430 (bridge limit is there to prevent LGV’s using B430 / Wendlebury village as rush-hour rat-runs) or A40/A44 as above

s/bound access — no slip-way work planned

s/bound exit (r/about) — either B430 or diversion says 4-5 miles trip up and down the A41! (use of bridge is NOT advisable as acces slip for s/bound is not suitable for a car let alone a LGV

hope this helps you guys out, use your maps and be ready!
rob
ps sorry about being a bit late with first dates, hit the save instead of submit :s

As always the HA have missed the point completely, adding extra lanes coming off the M40 wont make the blindest bit of difference, the problem is the fact the traffic has to stop at traffic lights and then negotiate a roundabout where there is no clear lane markings meaning everyone finds themselves in the wrong lanes 3/4 of the way around the roundabout, i cross it every evening and some days the carnage is unbelievable

I cross it every night too and have nearly wiped out a couple of cars who got the lanes very very wrong

a few of the local rsidents and i agree that it wont make much diffeerence, traffic as far back as abingdon on friday evenings, we’re all just looking forward to sat/sundays in november/december with the so much loved Bicester Village!

I must admit when i was on the tankers Wendlebury was always my favourite rat run to the A34.
But iam not looking foward to tonight 1st time into the fray lol but i have a few short cuts up my sleeve lol :smiley: :smiley: