M4 Reading to Bracknell

Why does is stretch of motorway have the outside lane reduced in width and a 50 mph limit.
It has been like this for several months now with nothing appearing to be going on.
Have I missed something when i’ve been driving past.

Barrier works apparently though ive never seen anybody do any work there…
Im up there 4 times a day - around 0600 and 1030ish and again 1315 - 1900ish :wink:

It’s just all unnecessary you have cars going through at 70 or more and some going through at the usual 45 it’s a pain at rush hour.

bald bloke:
It’s just all unnecessary you have cars going through at 70 or more and some going through at the usual 45 it’s a pain at rush hour.

I know, im usually on the limiter at 62mph through there…
Went upto Slough one morning, came back to Reading the same morning and the cones were out…!!!

No cameras. I go through there west at about 5AM and head back east about 8AM. Never seen any work going on.

Most lorries seem to sit on limiter and cars are divided in to those who fly past and those who creep past then pull in front and slow down or sit in the middle lane just ahead of you. No big deal I spose.

I’ve not seen any work done there since before Xmas - Normally works done between 22.00 and 05.00

Steve

Just been through 30 mins ago and no cones and no 50mph limit :grimacing:

I think its a night time works thing
Last week I was on nights and they had two lanes closed at jn10 in both directions.

DAF95XF:
Just been through 30 mins ago and no cones and no 50mph limit :grimacing:

Well that’s changed from yesterday afternoon then , oh well about time.