M4 J1-3 7.5t limit?

Hi all :smiley: off to london tomorrow (Bestway cash and carry, Park Royal NW10 7BW), and was just wondering if the weight restriction still applies on the M4 :question: If so what alternative way in would anyone recommend, and also how much time would you allow for me to get there :question: I am booked in for 10am and iā€™m coming from Gerber Juice in Bridgwater. Just looked on google maps and that recons about 2hr 45min so was gonna give myself at least 3hrs. However, i imagine traffic will be very heavy at that time of day, so any help and advice would be greatly recieved.
Cheers, Nick :wink:

Yes weight limit is now rigorously enforced after some truck drives ignored it. If you cross the fly over you will probably be having tea and biscuits with a traffic commissioner!

as you come into london on the m4, the diversion is clearly marked. add about an extra 30-45mins on your journey. if you dont fancy that try going in on the m40

Just use the M40 A40 to hanger lane then make your way from there,traffics not too bad lately so allow yourself about three and a half hours and you should be OK :sunglasses: :smiley: :smiley:

If I was going to Bestway at Park Royal I wouldnā€™t go in on the M4 anyway, Iā€™d go down the A40.

A40 definitely the better route in, either come off the M4 onto the M25 or carry on to J3 and take the A312 up to Northolt and onto the A40 there.

Thanks guys for the quick replies, much appreciated :wink:

Beef:

So how did it go then??

bobbya:

Beef:

So how did it go then??

He only gave himself 3hrs, so heā€™s still on his way there :wink:

Cruise Control:
Yes weight limit is now rigorously enforced after some truck drives ignored it. If you cross the fly over you will probably be having tea and biscuits with a traffic commissioner!

ā€¦but without the teaā€¦ and without the biscuits either! :frowning:

Thereā€™s plenty of ā€œM4 J1-J3 7.5t limit being enforcedā€ signs on the gantries, and coming off the J3 and running underneath on the A4 isnā€™t rocket science is it?

No excuses - Just do what it says on the tin! :smiling_imp: